Help??????Amps 150 shoot or no shoot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

i have to leave for work at 530am it’s 500 now. Just tested 150. I can’t stall do I feed and give .25 again or no shoot? kinda same pattern as yesterday

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry Kya. Just seeing this now. You could try dropping the dose back to 1u tonight and see if that evens out the cycles so you have 2 pre-shots that are shootable.

3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Ok will do. I did what I did yesterday and gave her .25 so that she would have something in her system.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

And that is fine but better to be able to get 2 cycles that are similar than having one where BG is higher than it would be with a full dose. A lot if not most cats go lower at night so when you get a lower AMPS given that Novolin sometimes doesn't last a full 12 hours, it makes me wonder just how low BG might have gone during the night. Try the lower dose and if possible, set an alarm for around +5 or +6 during the night to see if you can catch her night nadir along with the usual before bed test.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Got ya. I will do that tonight. I will give her 1 unit this evening and then get a test at +4 and +6

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  6. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Success with 1 unit last night! Her BG was high enough to give her 1 unit this morning. We shall see what it is this evening. I will do the 1 unit for 6 cycles if we can continue this trend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.