Help!! Cat ate part of a cotton ball

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KittyPurry, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyPurry

KittyPurry Member

My civvy boy just ate part of a cotton ball when I wasn't looking. I tried to stick my finger in his mouth before he swallowed but it's gone :( :( What do I do??? It was kind of a big chunk, I'm freaking out!

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I'd be freaking out, too. :( If it was my cat, I'd ring our vets. Does your vet have an emergency number?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Unless it is one long string, think of it is a bit of roughage, like fur on meat. Keep an eye on output and it may eventually show up. The fibers in cotton balls are not very long and should pass through.

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

How is he doing today?

5. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

I would lube him up to help him pass it....laxatone is okay since he is not diabetic, vaseline maybe.
    As someone who had to to drive 30 miles to an ER in a blinding snowstorm about a month ago because my Anabelle was in horrible distress because she couldn't defecate, she had a "plug" she could not push out- you do not want that happening.

6. jane and stewey

jane and stewey Member

Unnatuaral fibers and objects can cause a bowel blockage. Make sure he is eating and hydrating well. Really keep an eye on his comfrot level and check his stools. Notify your vet, a laxative may be in order. Good luck from Jane and Stewey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.