Help! Freaking out!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

reminder--- Skittles has been in remission since Dec 5,2015.
    Got up this morning and somehow Skittles got into my dog's sealed container of food. His glucose level Was 223 today around 12:30. He had nothing to eat again until around 5:30 , I tested him first and his blood glucose level was 203 !
    What are the chances that he has been knocked out of remission? I'm freaking out because we were doing so good and on top of this We just moved five days ago ( his BG was still @ 90 ) and I have a job interview on Tuesday and this entire year I've been home with him and now if his diabetes comes back I'll be working now. Please tell me I'm freaking out for no reason and when do you think his level will go back down if he still in remission

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Dry food can certainly raise glucose levels through the roof. It can also take a day or two for dry food and its effects to totally clear the system. I would check again tomorrow....making sure there is no contraband to get into ;)...and see where the levels are then.

ETA Was the last time you checked glucose levels in May or are you checking every month or so?

3. sherrib

I don't know where all my replies are, so weird.
    I still test every 2 weeks. I'm sorry , I need to update his SS. We just moved and I'm so behind on posting his numbers, but they are all in his notebook

Since I don't know all my post went, I will just post a update.

Took about 24 hours but skittles levels finally dropped ,I tested him tonight and he was back at 94. I was freaking out and thinking that he had been knocked out of remission but thank goodness he went back down.

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Dry food can take some time to totally clear out of the system. Glad to see that Skittles is back down into good numbers again. I would continue doing some spot checks just to keep an eye on the glucose levels.

:bighug:

sherrib likes this.
  5. sherrib

I'm so glad to! I will definitely keep doing checks and keeping y'all updated . I wish y'all could see my cat, I've had many cats but have never ever ever ever had one that is so loveable. And I have never felt so much love from cat before.... expect one other I had when I was 16.
    I had to move and my parents wouldn't let me take him ( we lived with my grandparents then)
    3 weeks after I moved, he showed up at my new house and he had never been there before! How did he find me?? The saddest thing though, he was skin and bones from walking and so he killed a rat that had just gotten into rat poison and he died within 2 days of finding me. I still cry over it ( I'm 46 now )

6. sherrib

Oh, since my other post are missing. I still check him every 2 weeks or more if he acts different or I travel with him ( since stress can raise his BG)
    We literally just moved ( still unpacking ) so I am behind on his SS , but still have all his numbers in his notebook. I will update it soon. On top of having to pack up, paint the new place before we moved , moved and now unpacking so how I got a spider bite and it's infected and today I felt sick, the wound isn't healing very good . And it's in a bad spot on my body .... a place I can't see very well ( hint, it's on the back of my body between the very top of the back of my thigh , But lower then my lower back )

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Ahh...the buttocks....the "back of your front"...the Bootie, Derrière, Booteus Maximus, Bun, Bum, Patootie, Tukhus.....the permanent smile!! :)

Hope it heals....those spider bites can be really bad.....can you soak in a hot tub or hot pack it?

sherrib likes this.
  8. sherrib

Yep! You got the place correct! I'm headed to the hospital today. It's not any better ...

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Good!! Hope it's nothing too serious!!

Let us know how you are!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.