Help in Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy1980, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy1980

Kathy1980 Member

Hi all! I'm back! My cat Jack got diabetes back in 2016 after years on "grain free" dry food. After reading the forums here and switching to wet food only along with insulin, he went into remission in a matter of weeks. About a month ago, I noticed his walk was similar to the way he walked when diabetic (neuropathy) and so I checked his BG. It was 18. My vet did blood work (all good except the BG) and gave me Caninsulin, syringes and W/D dry food which he swore would help him because he is overweight. I was wary but agreed he needed to lose weight and he won't eat the wet food that is low in fat (eg. Tiki Cat). Big mistake! his BG went from 18 to 30 WITH insulin on that food. He is back on wet food and managed to get his BG around 10 with the insulin. However it jumps alot and I learned this is because Caninsulin is not long lasting. So finally, my question is: does anyone is this area have just one pen of Lantus to sell me or know where to get one? I just spend about 400 dollars and can't afford the 5 pack. (I will get my own syringes). THANKS!

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Hi. I can get some to you. I work in Toronto. Where are you in TO?

3. Kathy1980

Kathy1980 Member

I'm in Richmond Hill, bout 30 min north of TO

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Well if you are able to come downtown any weekday I can give you a cartridge for free. I work at Adelaide and Spadina.

5. Kathy1980

Kathy1980 Member

Sorry I started a new job and totally forgot about this post! Thank you. I don't normally come downtown but if i do in the next few weeks I will let you know.

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm further west in Milton and use Caninsulin. If you end up this way I can help with two great vets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.