Help Needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanW, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

Pretty Girl's numbers have been in the 500 - 600 range since PMPS last night. I really have no idea why - although I wonder if she didn't eat enough last night when I gave her her shot. It seemed okay at the time but that's what I'm wondering now.

When I woke up this morning she clearly didn't feel too good. I gave her some food to eat before picking it up for the 2 hour window before AMPS. I could tell she felt some better but not too good.

I tested for ketones and it is negative. She didn't pee very much - I would guess she's dehydrated.

What should I do? I had to leave the house and come to work for an hour or so before AMPS - the stress is just too much.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Keep going. You haven't found the right dose for her yet. Being this high makes them feel yucky. Are you adding water to her food?

JeanW likes this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Yes, I always add water to her food - quite a bit of it - and her food has a high moisture content.

She was in the 3-400's till last night - and now this spike - what can explain it?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

There's often no explanation for these spikes unless kitty got into contraband, etc. Just keeping increasing methodically until you start to see better numbers. Posting on the Lantus forum is a good idea because there are many experienced members there to guide you.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

6. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Stress will cause numbers to go up. This is why my cat, who hates his carrier and traveling, has very high numbers at the vet. It could be as simple as a loud car/backfire/music/motorcycle, etc. close to the house, especially if stayed instead of just passing by. New neighbors moving in? Neighbors moving out? Could be a change in routine. Could be a new object in the house, or something missing. Could be a kitty outside the door. If someone were trying to get into your house, or a salesperson rang the doorbell, that could do it too :( Or kitty could be picking up on you being stressed :banghead:

Anomalies happen...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.