help with bg numbers and dosage

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dd & savannah, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

Hi,
    Since we've been home from the incident this weekend (wobbly legs, small seizures- not diabetes related) Savannah's numbers have been high.
    I've been having a hard time giving her the right amount even the week leading up to her seizures. I have been giving her between .25 and .5 units depending on her numbers. 250 and above she received .5; 200-249 .25; and anything below 200 was nothing. As you can imagine it's pretty difficult to see .25 on the syringe so I am always second-guessing my self when I give her .25. By the way she is on Humulin N. In the past, she gets a very slow curve from N and this is why we have not changed.
    Yesterday I did a curve and this is what I got...
    7/5
    ps am 339 .25 units, no insulin was given the previous night as directed by the vet
    +2 362
    +4 302
    +6 272
    +8 323
    +10.5 330 I gave her between .25 and .5 here b/c I didn't want it to get any higher.
    -because I was awake I checked her 7 hours later (around 1:30 am) and she was 229

7/6
    ps am 414 .25- .5 units
    +9.5 she is already at 410 so I decided to give her the shot at .5 and will read her sugar for this evening.

Since this summer, I can't tell if she is one of those cats that needs her insulin every 10 hours but in a smaller amount. Or, maybe she needs one shot per day b/c there were several times earlier last week when I gave her .5 in the am and she was only 189 by her pm shot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Dianne and Savannah

2. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

So very sorry I am new here too but if I were you put it in your subject line "Dose Advice" so you will stand out ok I get atten within 10-20 minutes since I started useing my subject line Hope this gets you some help OK LOL Kath

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Maybe if you could put the type of insulin in your subject line, you can catch the eye of others using N.

4. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

thanks, I will try this!
    Dianne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.