Help with changing shot time

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley and Pattie, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I have another quick vacation end of this week. last week (on vacation again), I left Harley at the U of MN to be medically boarded - it went well, but since this is a quick couple of days off, I am having a pet sitter. Problem is, I give his shot at 5:45am, before I leave for work (the U did the same), but the sitter can't get here until 6:45-7:00am.

I leave on Thursday morning. How do I get his shots changed to be the 7:00am?

Pattie

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

you can start by moving your shot time up in 15 minute increments until you reach the time you want.

3. mrswoodwoose

mrswoodwoose Member

My vet told me I could move the time by nhalf an hour (either way - fwd or back) at each shot time (i.e. every 12 hours)

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I think the less disruption as possible is good, so 15min is preferred, but you could move the dose by 30min under certain conditions.
    It's important to remember that a late shot is like a dose decrease and an early shot is like a dose increase.

Don't forget to move back to your old schedule in the same fashion - slow 15min moves.

What you are doing is similar to what everyone is doing at time change. When you change your clocks back or ahead one hour, you have to go through this process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.