Help with curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Felix and Ron, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix and Ron

Felix and Ron Member

I have not been testing very regularly and do not have to add testing to my sheet right now, But I ran a curve yesterday and am a little stumped. AMPS was 267 I shot 4 units which is what I have been doing for a long time. At +5 reading was 31. Freaked out and fed him some food with gravy. At +6 he was 110, at +9 he was 132, at + 11 he was 178, so did not shoot at +12. Then at +14 he was 417 so I shot 3. This morning which is +8 from last shot he is 202. I leave for work in 20 minutes and will not shoot. I am going to break from work some how at about +12 for this cycle. Do I stick with 3 units, go back to 4? I know it depends on reading. How do I get back on my regular schedule which is 3 hours off now?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I would reduce the dose so you get two shootable preshots daily. (24 hours between shots will result in a high number )What seems to be happening is that the skipped shot results in a high preshot for the next cycle. You shoot a high dose into that high number and that dose takes him too low for a shot in 12 hours.

Maybe reduce the dose to 2 units and see if you get two shootable preshots? And yes, as Sharon suggests, posting in the ProZinc forum and getting daily dosing advice would be a great idea.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

We also have a protocol for ProZinc. It is in my signature in blue.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.