Help with hypo

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by PatJ, Jan 18, 2019.

1. PatJ

PatJ Member

My cat is at 2.5mmol and his numbers are still falling could someone take a look at his spreadsheet for me please? Thanks. Have given him high carb food but could someone get back to me? Thanks

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

When did you give high carb food? Test again 20 min after to see if he’s coming up. If not feed again..

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm going to have to leave for work, so hopefully Lisa can stay with you. This number is at +6, so William should start to rise soon (hopefully). Do test again in 20-30 minutes after he had the snack (I usually wait 30 minutes to give a little more time to get into his system), but if he's still in the 40's or above, I would suggest using lower carb food. You shouldn't need high carb food this late in the cycle unless he keeps dropping. Fingers crossed his next number will be higher though.

4. PatJ

PatJ Member

Thanks so much to both of you for replying. This computer doesn't show a reply straight away which is why I'm slow in getting back to you. I gave him honey and high carb and it went up to 4.1 but I will test again in 10 minutes.I shouldn't have panicked like that but because he's such a bouncer I'm worried that he will go even lower, because he very often keeps dropping right up to his PM pre-shot. How often should I feed him between now and a safe number rise? Thanks very much for your help.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I think he'll be OK. It's scary when you finally get good traction with a dose. Sometimes a lime green in a cycle will be a one off and you can continue with the same dose. Sometimes shaving the dose is the way to go. It depends on how often these situations have arisen so you have data on the results or it can depend on your own comfort level. You could try 3.5 u next dose. He's a bouncer so he'll likely be high next PS or next cycle.

If he's low-ish still at next test, give another small snack of regular low carb wet food - say a teaspoon or two. Would you mind removing the red 911 from your thread now? It got our attention! ;)

6. Lisa and little

First off since he’s up I’d go back to low carb. I totally understand the panic ... take a look at my SS on 1/8/19. It is scary. But know that you can steer with food as long he he is willing to eat. Where is he at now? And forgive me. What is the danger number on a human meter?

7. Kris & Teasel

The "take action" number on a human meter is 50 (2.7).

8. Lisa and little

Thank Kris. Didn’t know the 2.7. Only the 50.

9. Kris & Teasel

That 2.7 is the "world" measurement. US measurement ÷18 = world measurement.

10. PatJ

PatJ Member

Lisa, I do apologise for the late reply. This computer doesn't receive messages very quickly at the moment, first it goes through my husband's iPad and if he's not looking at it, it's a while before I know if someone's replied. Don't know why it's like that. As Kris has told you, it's 2.7 mmol and his was at 2.5. Although he didn't show any symptoms other than being very tired, you're right, it's scary and he's a bouncer, so although he went up to 6.5, he went back to 4.5 an hour later, so I'm frightened to leave him for long, although he's now gone up to 10.6 from 4.5 in 40 minutes! Happily, he never refuses food! Thanks so much for your help.

11. PatJ

PatJ Member

Kris, How do I get rid of the red hypo tag? Have clicked on 'Cancel' but it won't go; What do I do?

12. Kris & Teasel

Go to the left end of the thread title bar and there should be a place to click that gives a short menu. Select "none" from that menu.

13. PatJ

PatJ Member

Thanks so much for replying to the hypo panic. It was scary because he's been so sleepy for a couple of days now, although he's always ready to eat and he will play if you play with him, but he hasn't been out which isn't like him. Do you think it could be because his numbers are unusually low for him and perhaps he's not used to it yet? He had a near hypo the other night and I was up till 5.30 because his numbers were going low but thankfully they went up. I'm getting a bit nervous now in case he gets another one. I'll try a lower dose tonight. Thank you ever so much for replying. I still can't get rid of the hypo alert. Have clicked on the blue thread thing and it brings up a sort of menu but there is no 'none' to click on. Don't know what else to do. Have clicked on Cancel, but it makes no difference.

14. Kris & Teasel

I should have checked that thread title menu. The menu lists a red 911, the letters GA and a blue question mark. If you merely click right to the left of the the first word in your thread title you should be able to get "no icon". If that doesn't work, try looking to the lower right area under the end of the thread title tool bar for "thread tools" and go from there.

15. PatJ

PatJ Member

Thanks for the info, but I've tried the thread tools for ages and nothing about an icon comes up and I've tried clicking every word on the title thread menu dozens of times but the same list of things comes up whatever I press. I just can't shift it. Have also tried clicking on watch and unwatch thread.

16. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

When you click on thread tools it should give you an option to edit. Do you see that?

17. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Here is what mine looks like:

Click on thread tools, then edit title.
    94BC9D17-4341-46D1-96C4-79FA181991C0.jpeg

Then click on the 911 (mine shows up as no prefix) and a drop down box will appear. Select no prefix to remove the 911. Then save changes.
    15B60EAA-5C6C-45CB-887B-4D033DA10F2A.jpeg

18. PatJ

PatJ Member

Thank you, Spots mum. It's easy when you know how!! I've been tearing my hair out trying to get rid of that red tag but it just wouldn't go. As someone said, I was clicking on all the right words but not necessarily in the right order! Thank you so much.

SpotsMom likes this.
  19. Kris & Teasel

It would help enormously if I learned how to post screen shots with outlining added ... o_O;)

20. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Lol I was bored at work so I played with my phone a bit :cat:

Kris & Teasel likes this.