HELP WITH SPIKE IN BG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kristine, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristine

Kristine Member

Hello all.
    My sweet little Christopher has been OTJ for about a year and a half. He does have an occasional spike but his numbers have been in the 70s to the 130s consistintaly. He is diet controled. Hasnt had insulin. OK..... I test about every 2 weeks ( I know I shoud do it more often) 2 days ago he was lethargic and wouldnt come and eat with the other kittys. I tested him right away and he was at 233. I let him sleep and 8 hrs later he ate like a champ and after 3 hours I tested again and he was 133. Today he ate in the a.m... and I just tested him again (2 hours after his afternoon meal) and he was 163. Should I be worried??? Should I keep testing every day and see if he "normalizes"??
    OH.... btw.... I have had a house guest on and off for the past 2 weeks. Im sure that this may have added to his stress level since we only have myself and my brother in the house on a regular basis.

Thanks for your input.

Krissy and Chrissy

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Could he be coming up with some kind of ilness? UTI or flu or something? that could be raising his numbers.

Still I would monitor him and see if his numbers go down but I wouldn't wait too long to start him on insulin again, the sooner you start treatment the better chances you have on getting it under control fast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.