Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Sep 27, 2017.
coles reading was 156 at +11! What should I do?
Do the usual +12 test just before you would feed him. If it's below 200, DON'T FEED, wait 20 minutes and retest. If it's higher after 20 minutes but not yet over 200, repeat the don't feed/wait 20 minutes routine. Test again. If it's over 200 you can give insulin but I'd drop the dose to 1.5 u. Post here with the BG numbers and ask for help before giving insulin. I'm saying that instead of 1.75 u because Humulin is a faster acting insulin that can drop them quickly and a 2 u starting dose is high-ish in a newly diagnosed kitty.
Good advice above. Looks like you picked a good day to start testing.
Just tested for +13 and it was 167. Could this take all night?
You can stop now. No shot tonight. Post here for advice in the morning. I also suggest that you put all the BG data you have into your spreadsheet. We always look at that before offering advice.
Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. Bi am having trouble setting up SS. Thanks again.
We're working on it
Cole's BG was 359 this morning at 7:00 am. What dose now?
I suggested 1 unit on your other thread. I hope you see this.
Separate names with a comma.