Here we go again??

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Smokey and Jessica, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Smokey and Jessica

Smokey and Jessica Member

It’s been a few months since I’ve been here. Smokey went into remission, then we moved and I went back to work and stopped testing. This past week I just thought he was acting weird. Just a little friendly, sometimes following me, sometimes just staring at me, and climbing on my lap at least once a day. He’s not the friendliest cat and it’s not unusual for him to not be touched for days so when he actually asks for attention I know something is up. So far appetite is the same, water intake and urine output the same. But I tested him for the first time in a long time after about 6 hours fasting and he’s at 219 on a human meter. My plan is to get back into my testing routine and get him to the vet within the next week or two for a check up and get a dental scheduled. I know he needs one so I want to try that first if/while his numbers are around the 200’s. Hopefully we can avoid going back on insulin. Wish us luck!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck! I hope the dental does the trick. If not you know where we are ... :)

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Jessica! Definitely wishing you and Smokey luck. I hope that the dental is all that is needed (219 isn't a bad number, so I could definitely see the dental doing the trick). Please do let us know either way...if (anti-jinx) you have to go back on insulin, we can help of course. And if not, we'd love to know that Smokey is still fine!