Here we go...

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Djamila, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

AMPS 235. I gave him 0.75 since I was feeling a little nervous about not being home with him all day.

Does the last time he had FD help at all with understanding what happens this time? Or is every time different?

Last time he had an early nadir (usually around +4), and pretty quickly ended up on a +13/+11 schedule for shots.

He was a trooper with his test and shot this morning. It was like he remembered the routine from last time. As soon as he saw the syringe he sat down and pawed the air for a treat. ;)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Excellent! I'm on tenterhooks today for a different reason - switching my guy to Lantus. We can chew our nails together ...:nailbiting:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It is so sweet he remembered the treats! Best of luck!

There is no comparing the two experiences - he may react the same. He might not (ECID :(). The only commonality I have ever seen is that the second remission can take longer than the first. But again, not with every cat.

4. Djamila

The only commonality I have ever seen is that the second remission can take longer than the first. But again, not with every cat.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not fun! I'm going to keep fingers crossed he gets back to normal quickly. But thanks for the warning that I may need patience on this. We were so fortunate the first time! I think part of the quick recovery last time was getting him onto healthier food. We won't have that little boost this time though since he's already on a healthy, low-carb, wet diet.

I'm thankful for your nudge to go ahead and get back on the insulin. He drank a TON of water last night and the litter box was flooded this morning. I was so glad I had gone ahead and pushed the vet for a new bottle of insulin so I could start him this morning.

5. Djamila

Good luck today! There are some great people over on the Lantus forum. I'm sure they'll take good care of you!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Djamila

Well, that's not so good - +3 is 244. That's higher than it was for AMPS! Guess I shouldn't have been so conservative this morning. Grrr. Well, I'm off to work now. At least I won't have to worry about him going low! (rolling eyes)

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Food spike?

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Definitely could be that. And it also could be that he just won't hit nadir til later in the cycle this time around?

9. Djamila

Could be food spike, later nadir, or just one of those things. I think it will take more than one data point to start to guess at the patterns. And who knows, this was my first shot in awhile - maybe I missed and gave him a fur shot? I made extra sure tonight's went in, and went ahead and gave him 1.0. Last time we did this dance, he had a few cycles where he went up instead of down. But hopefully we'll see a bit of a drop this evening.

10. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Oh my! Good luck!!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. Djamila

Woohoo! We got a blue! I know it's only the second shot, but still, I'm excited. Of course he pitched an absolute fit before letting me get the test in, but a few treats seem to have earned his forgiveness.

Kris & Teasel, Rachel and StephG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.