Here's Bubba!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debbie Do, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie Do

Debbie Do Member

So happy to find this forum. We are country dwellers and have a lot of cats, roughly a baker's dozen are permanent, and we always have one or two who come around for a meal or two, and then move on.

Our neighbors down the road, terrible pet owners, bring home calico cats and put them out to live off the land and breed freely. One of them adopted us (I put food out for her - silly me), and after time dropped a few litters around our property. We brought them in, weaned them, altered and vaccinated them, and rehomed them. Eventually we got tired of the trouble and expense, and had the calico spayed. She's now ours, as well as a lot of her "kids."

Bubba is the first of Callie's kids to adopt us. I stepped outside one icy evening and found him sitting on the step. We brought him in, and the rest is history.

I was surprised when Bubba was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago. He's always been pretty active - he's quite a chaser of shadows and flittin' things that sneak through and opened door. His dx has resulted in a lot of research that led us here.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to you and very handsome Bubba! So good of you to take care of Callie and her babies. I'm glad you found this site, there are plenty people here who can help you with Bubba's diagnosis as well as any other feline problems you may have. What insulin is Bubba on? Are you home testing his glucose and, if not, are you willing to start? It will go a long way to getting Bubba regulated. Diet is also important and we can help you there too. Come over to the health forum with any questions you have.

3. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

4. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a Callie also. Like you, we are new here. The people here are great.

5. Debbie Do

Debbie Do Member

Thank you for the welcome! Bubba's adorable. He's such a goof ball!

I posted a big ol' rant about Bubba's situation in the general forum. He's on Prozinc, having some issues, and I think we are going to shop for another vet. I want to start home testing. He was doing great until his last dosage change, so I hadn't pursued home testing as yet. It's time.

6. Debbie Do

Debbie Do Member

Callie cats are awesome! I'd always wanted one, and thanks to our neighbors, I now have three! :)

7. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Debbie and Bubba, welcome!
    This is a great place to find information and tips/advice on how to handle this sugar dance.:)
    Please don't hesitate to ask questions about prozinc and the use of it.
    Like Sharon just said, it's great to home test, it saves you money and a trip to the vet and aside to that it's really good to know how your fur baby is doing along the day!

8. Debbie Do

Debbie Do Member

Thanks for the welcome, Ruby and Baco! :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.