Hermione & I are back!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by ShipsCat, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I'm so sorry we vanished without a trace again, my new computer crashed and since it was under warranty I had to send it back to the manufacturer. It was supposed to take a week or two, but it ended up being almost 2 months!!!

I'm really terrible at technology and couldn't remember my passwords without a computer (I use one of those password keeper programs, which is great unless I don't have my computer to use it).

I'm in the process of updating Hermione's ss, she's been her usual bouncy self while we've been away from the internet :p We had a terrible run up in red, but she's been doing a little better lately.

I hope everyone is doing well, and apologize again for any concern my computer problems may have caused!

Caitlin M likes this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hooray! Great to see you back!!! Sorry to hear about both the computer problems, and the run of reds! Boo to both of them! Hope everything else has been going well!

MiCo likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Heyyyy Kimi! Glad to see you back again! Ugh, those computers can be real jerks can't they?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Kimi! Great to have you back and a pox on computer problems! To be honest, I was worried that something had happened to Hermione. I remember you taking her to the vet to have a bump examined and you were waiting for test results. How did that turn out?

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Kimi!
    Your computer chose a terrible time to disappear like Kris said :woot:. We have a few new members too!

6. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Thanks for the warm welcome back, gang! I forgot that I had just mentioned Hermione's bump before my new computer broke. It turned out to be a melanoma but my vet is VERY cautious and as soon as she saw how unhealthy it looked she took a large margin as well as the skin on top. Pathology showed clear edges with no blood vessel or lymph system involvement, so it looks like thanks to me being paranoid and my vet being cautious we dodged a bullet there! Some other good news, my young boy Randall who was diagnosed with kidney disease had an excellent blood test! Nearly everything was within normal range with only barely elevated BUN. I ordinarily HATE those "prescription" diets but obviously the K/D has really helped Randall. In one month on it he went from blood values indicating mid stage renal failure to almost normal. I know there's a chance it was an acute condition, but his ultrasound showed long-term, not recent damage :( Hopefully with only a diet change he can live a long, happy life!

Hermione is still being her wacky self....
    AMPS 112! After 1hr stall it was 113! I was falling asleep so I gave a CS .2u (I've gotten braver with dosing while I've been off the internet)
    No mid-cycle test, when my alarm went off she was sleeping in the crook of my arm so I decided not to wake her.
    PMPS 377, skinny 1.8u given at +11

JanetNJ, StephG and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Yay! Glad you're back and I'm glad you and your vet jumped on that melanoma right away. Good pathology report too. :smuggrin:

8. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Busy day today so here's the summary...

Thursday night +8 was 137
    AMPS 156, 0.6u given
    154 @ +5
    PMPS 221, 1.1u given (at +11)
    354 @ +6 :(
    AMPS 417, 1.8u given

I'm learning to be bolder with dosing in the blues, I really think that's what she needs to stay in healing ranges. In the grand scheme of things she's still at such low doses but she's also a very petite lady at 6# (she gained weight since her last checkup!)

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

10. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Oh goodness! So glad it looks like they removed the cancer before it spread!!!

ShipsCat likes this.
  11. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

297 @ +5
    119 for PMPS! 108 after 1hr stall 0.2u given because I had dinner plans and didn't want to skip.
    No mid cycle test because dinner turned into a full night out.
    234 for AMPS, 1.2u given (at +11)

Yong & Maury GA and Rachel like this.
  12. Kris & Teasel

You do what you do and Hermione does what she does! ;)

ShipsCat likes this.
  13. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

125 @ +10
    109 @ +11!
    104 for PMPS, 109 after 1hr stall. Another tiny 0.2u given, since I was supposed to be at lunch with my family an hour ago ;)

Yong & Maury GA and Rachel like this.
  14. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Well, my weekend ended on a bad note. My best friend's girlfriend broke up with him and threw him out Sunday. She was cheating on him, and when he confronted her she kicked him out :mad: Yesterday I helped him move his stuff out of the house they rented together and into a storage unit. The up side is Hermione has decided to help me out by not having terrible numbers!

394 for Monday AMPS, 1.8u given
    98 for PMPS! Fed her 1/2 her meal, 109 2hrs later, 130 after another hour skinny 0.6u given
    183 @ +9
    155 @ +11
    173 for AMPS, 0.8u given
    176 @ +10
    162 for PMPS, skinny 0.8u given at +11

15. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Just clarifying, I liked it for Hermione's numbers. Although, may be for your friend too. He's better off without her if she was cheating :bighug:

16. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Oh he's definitely better off. They'd been having trouble for a while but he was trying to stick it out in hopes that she was just having a fling. He's the kindest, sweetest guy too. But now he can move on and there's certainly someone better for him out there!

187 for AMPS, 0.8u given.

Also I had typed up the stuff about my friend hours ago and got distracted and forgot to hit "post reply" :p

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hermione wanted to help your friend out...and she figured giving good numbers was the way to do it! I'm glad he's got rid of her...sounds like he deservers better and now he can find it.

18. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

The most important thing is Hermione and I'm glad she's doing well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.