He's still got it

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

After much thought,I let Bubba out this morning for his first since his surgery. It had been 13 days . He wanted out badly! His BG have been going up in the last few days. Thinking some fresh air and a mouse might help. Look what he brought home . We traded for a low carb treat image.jpg

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Aww, so sweet! He's probably been worried sick about YOU these last 13 days, because he obviously doubts your skill as a mouse hunter to provide yourself with food, lol! That picture is just adorable!

3. Philippe & Mei Li

Philippe & Mei Li Member

He is a beauty . I am glad he is feeling better .. He looks very proud of his treasure ..

4. Bobbie And Bubba

I was a wreck! As I opened the door to let him out I lectured him to be very careful. Wonder if it took him twice as long to catch it?

Lynn & Rupert and Squalliesmom like this.
  5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

That is so sweet of him. I hope you gave him lots of praise for being a great hunter.

6. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

OMG Bobbie!!! Bubba is amazing. He does look so proud!! What a hunter!

7. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

BTW, I don't let my cats outside at all but what you did with Bubba reminds me of a patient my dad had a long time ago. A guy I was in high school with had a heart attack when he was 19 and he had it during NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. The nurses (sensibly) told the guy he couldn't watch the final game because they thought it would excite him too much. He was pretty PO'd. Dad weighed it out and figured NOT seeing the game was stressing him out way more, so he ultimately okayed watching it. Guy's still alive and kicking!

I am so amazed at Bubba - wish he'd come here and teach my 2-eyed cats a thing or two as I know darn well I have a house mouse.

8. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

That picture tells it all. It is like Bubba is saying, "I still have it!" I bet the mouse population has increased over these last 13 days.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Good analogy, thanks for sharing that. It was a very difficult decision to make

Brashworks and Squalliesmom like this.
  10. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Bobbie! I bet he was SOOO happy to go outside and catch his morning mouse!! And look how well he did: He didn't hurt himself and he even brought you a snack. :)

Melanie, I had an apartment mouse about 10 years ago. My cat Cinnamon was a totally domestic house cat who had no idea what to do. She just sat there and looked at it. :rolleyes: Marshmallow had been a feral and I guess she retained some hunting skills because she chased the mouse around until I was able to trap it in a trashcan and took it outside. (I wasn't up for letting her kill it and eat it in the living room, ick.)

11. Bobbie And Bubba

My Sug, GA was a modern hunter, she was an indoor cat and when she heard the mouse traps click in the basement, down she went and brought the whole trap upstairs and ate the mouse out of the trap. She was above hunting for it herself.

12. granadilla

That is hilarious!!! :woot::woot:

Cat girl, Brashworks and Squalliesmom like this.
  13. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Several years ago I trapped a mouse in my pantry. I had to remove everything from the floor to catch it. I finally found it hiding in the corner. Callie was in the pantry with me and when she saw it, turned around and gave me a look that said "What am I supposed to do with it?????" She has no hunting skills at all. :eek:

I caught the mouse and let it go in the woods several mile away from my house. It was a cute mouse and I did not have the heart to kill it.

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

A cute mouse????? Really??? The only cute ones in my house better be dead ones.

15. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

What a good kitty kitty!

16. granadilla

Bobbie, I just had to come back and look at Bubba's pic again. It is such a classic photo, you couldn't have set up a movie shot any better than this. I hope you frame this photo (or at least keep it). Any time Bubba seems like he's sick or his BG goes out of whack, you should look at this photo and remember how in 13 short days Bubba had surgery to remove an eye, then recovered, then went out and promptly caught a mouse. If he can do all this, he can handle anything. :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

17. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

He's still got it! Bubba is da man! Love this picture, he is so proud and is even willing to share with you.....priceless! Thanks for sharing, you made my day! :D

18. Squalliesmom

It really is a classic, isn't it? So patient, standing there at the door with the mouse in his mouth! He is truly one awesome kitty! :D:D

granadilla and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  19. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

So many smiles from reading everyone's funny hunting stories, and seeing Bubba back in action! Love these happy threads!

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Shane, I needed to hear that right now! I am so deflated with him stuck in a flat cycle and increasing the insulin doing nothing! You made me smile.:bighug::bighug:

Tucker&Me and granadilla like this.
  21. Sushi The Cat

Sushi The Cat Member

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  22. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks so much!

Sushi The Cat likes this.
  23. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

That is PERFECT! I absolutely love that shot!! I would frame it and also use it for my Christmas card this year!
    You know what I think Bobbie? I think he brought the mouse home just FOR YOU. He thought Mom needed a present..to thank you for your total devotion to him.
    He knows.
    He just wanted for YOU to be happy. See?..he has great instincts! :cat:
    Cheer up..he's an awesome boy, he'll straighten out!
    :bighug::bighug:

24. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

BTW, Bobbie..what kind of steroidal mice do you have there in Fountainville??

Gads, that thing is huge!

**If Bubs collects a few more, you could use the pelts & make him a rug for the man cave.
    LOL

25. Bobbie And Bubba

I know! Right! Some of them are taxidermy worthy! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I am so deflated right now with his BG's

granadilla likes this.
  26. Squalliesmom

Just checked out Bubba's SS. He really is in a flat cycle, isn't he? How old is your insulin, Bobbie? Could it be losing it's strength? Is it possible that he might have any infection from his surgery? Was he on any kind of steroids? Just throwing some ideas out there. Don't get discouraged, you're a great kitty Mom, you'll figure it out and get him back on the right track! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I wondered the same thing, lol! That's not a mouse, that's a MOUSE!

Tucker&Me and granadilla like this.
  27. Bobbie And Bubba

The insulin is just from Sept 25th. no steroids from the surgery and his surgery site looks awesome, no swelling, no redness, I am just lost as to why he would be flat for so long and now creeping up. Thanks for the kind words Lucy. I need to get a life again, I have been looking at his SS and reading stickies all morning. And you know what I came up with? There are too damn many variables in the equation and our cats are going to do what ever they want to do despite our best efforts. sigh.

Tucker&Me, Sharon14 and Squalliesmom like this.
  28. Squalliesmom

Don't I know it! So very frustrating!!! But somehow it always ends up all sorted out :).

Hugs and scritches for you and the boys! :bighug: :cat: :bighug: :cat:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  29. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Lucy, and it looks like Squallie is starting to come back down again!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  30. Cat girl

Cat girl Member

Awww brought you a gift!he is like and you were all worried.showing you he still has it.lol

31. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I understand completely, Lisa. There's no way I could kill a mouse hiding in the corner, probably shaking with fear. But then, I'm a city girl and don't really have experiences with outdoor cats, let alone outdoor cats killing mice and eating them, major YUCK

Sharon14 and granadilla like this.
  32. Judy and Hershey

Judy and Hershey Member

Bobbie, he is soooo cute! Wow does he ever, he's the MAN!! That is wonderful, makes me feel happy, needed a happy thought today!

granadilla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.