Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddies mom

freddies mom New Member

unfortunately thursday my sweet fred was diagnosed as diabetic & i want to help him as much as i can - so here i am. hope to learn as much as possible about feline diabetes.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hello welcome to you and adorable Freddie! Good that you want to learn all you can to help your boy. If you have any questions, post them in the Health forum and we'll be glad to help you.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Freddie! What a handsome boy! :) Please post on the main health forum and include this info:
    • how old Freddie is
    • what he eats
    • what insulin has been prescribed and what dose
    • whether you'll be testing blood glucose at home and, if so, what meter you'll be using
    • any other health issues/meds he has.

4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome, Freddie & mama! Sorry for the circumstances, but we are very glad that you are here.

In addition to all of the info requested above - read, read, and read some more. I would start with the "sticky notes" at the top of the forum for your insulin, but then read other people's posts and look at their spreadsheets (usually in a link in their signatures). You'll learn so much just lurking in existing posts.

And as mentioned, now that you are here, post your specific questions or concerns over in the main health forum.

Good night!
    Sandi&whisper.

5. FelineFriend

FelineFriend Member

welcome, i too have a recently diagnosed diabetic fur baby and this ks a great place to be, lots of info plus supportive people. Fred sure is a handsome fella!

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. Lisa & Nacho

Lisa & Nacho Member

Welcome! Read a lot in the forum - I am new since December my kitty was diagnosed - the forum has been so amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.