Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Itshjohnson, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itshjohnson

Itshjohnson New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Heather and I found this website after my cat was diagnosed today with diabetes.
    Crookshanks is a fifteen year old male cat with no known other health issues. After seriously declining over the weekend, I brought him to the vet today thinking that I was going to have to say goodbye. They kept him for testing, and the vet called me this evening with the news that he has diabetes but is expecting him to come home tomorrow.
    I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to have him come home but very scared for what his future holds. I don’t have the specifics on his insulin yet, but I have been trying to do all of the research I can to be as informed and prepared as possible.
    This forum seems to have an invaluable amount of information so I am beginning to go through and learn what I can.

beggargirl likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! :) We can help. Post any/all questions you have on the main health forum.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Diabetes is very treatable. When my cat started showing symptoms I was sure the vet was going to say kidney failure. Diabetes is actually a relief because although it's a pain in the ass, it's treatable and they can have good healthy years. We are here for you.

beggargirl likes this.
  5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

6. Itshjohnson

Itshjohnson New Member

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.

The vet called me this morning and Crookshanks’ levels aren’t yet where we hoped they would be, and he isn’t eating on his own. They are keeping him another day, and I am hoping he begins to improve more.

I’ve had Crookshanks since I was 11 years old and this has been one of the most painful things I could ever imagine. Trying hard to hold on to faith and keep a positive outlook.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Does he have ketones?

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.