Hi from Grandpa and me

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beck and Philly, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

I've always heard there's strength in numbers, so I'm very glad to have found others walking this same path.

I share my home with a house full of rescued cats, an equally nutty friend, and a very patient dog. I have always had rescued critters, so I'm no stranger to coming home from vet visits with less than great news. However, this is the first diabetes diagnosis.

Many of the cats who share our home were stray or feral and many were deemed unadoptable by the local shelter and other organizations because of their age, health, temperament, etc. Many were earmarked to become barn cats, but would have never survived that life or failed to thrive once there.

Grandpa was a barn cat for a few years, but had other plans as he made friends with an elderly neighbor and spent most of his time there. He is now here after his human friend moved to a nursing home where he passed away. Grandpa has only a few good teeth, making us suspect he has also seen quite a few years. He recently underwent a lens removal surgery in one eye, and we hoped he would be healthy and happy after recovering from that. It was not that easy. During a vet check for an ear infection about a month ago, we agreed to do bloodwork. And here we are.

So far, we are really struggling to get him regulated so I'll be heading over to the health forum to see what I can learn from all of you.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome. Please do look around the forums. A good place to start is the Health Links/FAQs about Feline Diabetes forum.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome!

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your sweet old guy! :)

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I knew I had a double somewhere on the planet. Welcome to the nut house.

7. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Ha! Nice to "meet" you, twin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.