Hi I'm Snowey's mummy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Norty, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norty

Norty New Member

Hi
    Snowey was diagnosed with diabetes 10 days ago it was going ok until last night when he had a hypo. Terrified? I thought he was dying thankfully I had glucose for human diabetics so got him sorted and checked by vet. Same thing this morning.
    Snowey is a Siamese he's almost 11. He's got an underactive thyroid plus arthritis and a gippy tummy.
    He has a sister Pookie she's a Birman who's 5 suffers from anxiety and is on Prozac. She's had an awful 6 months with a CT scan a lumbar puncture and an MRI to rule out physical causes. But she's good now.
    Then there's Skippy the kitten he's a rescue crazy bundle of love healthy as a horse thank goodness.
    Me? I am frazzled!!
    Trying to monitor Snowey's blood glucose but can't get a drop of blood from his ears. But vet had to try 4 times to get blood today so I think maybe he's dehydrated and I'm trying not to freak out too much.
    So that's my family and me we live just us in a country town in Northern Ireland.
    Love Norty (a.k.a. Julie) xo

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hello, I'm in NornIron too! :)

Welcome to the forums Norty and Snowey.

There's a few things you can put in your signature that would be useful and stop having you repeating yourself. What insulin You are using (guessing canninsulin that's mostly what they offer here almost exclusively) date of diagnosis, what you are feeding, your name (if you want) and setting up an SS.

You can get some tips on testing at home. And questions answered on the main health forum or insulin advice in the insulin forums.

If you are really stuck and not too far away from me I could possibly show you how to,home test if you have further problems. :)

Norty likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Norty likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Julie and Snowey, Pookie and Skippy. What a wonderful furry crew you have. I have 3 of the little furballs myself!

I was just about to say we have some other members from Northern Ireland but I see Tara beat me to it.:D

Sounds like you are having a baptism by fire with Snowey right now but we can help. We've all been in your shoes and understand. We love questions and are full of tips and tricks so join us over in Health where there is a lot more traffic and you'll get all the help and support you need or want. We'll get you unfrazzled in short order! ;)

Norty and TempestsMum like this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. Add extra water to his food.

Rub the ear... Use a warmed rice sock to get the blood flowing before the poke. Aim for the sweet spot. IMG_3612.JPG

Norty likes this.
  6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Snowey, Pookie, Skippy, and Julie :bighug:

Norty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.