? "HI" reading, shot due in 2 hours and a diet question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MrWorfMen's Mom, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Reposted from a PM.

Hello,I need an advice,please.I switched Roma to his previous food two days ago.Today have measured his sugar and glucometer has showed"Hi" which means "too high".His general condition is OK.Next insulin shot in 2 hours. What I need to do?

2. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

First step I would take is go to the vet and get an actual #. Insulin may need increased/changed. May also need fluid support. Also what "food" is being given?

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Oksana, it's difficult to give you advice without benefit of seeing some readings to know how Roma is responding to the insulin. Have you taken any readings between 3 and 6 hours post shot to see how low his current dose is taking him? If so, knowing those readings would be most helpful toward getting you the best advice. If the pre-shot reading remains HI, it may be Ok to give him his regular dose but I'd really like to see some mid-cycle tests to see how low he is going during the cycle before making any solid recommendation.

Not sure what you mean by previous food so not sure what to tell you. Perhaps you can provide a little more detail about his previous diet vs. vs what you switched him to.

4. Oksana

Oksana Member

This is Hill's Diabetes M/D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.