Hi there- New but not new

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by GlennMiller, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlennMiller

GlennMiller New Member

Hi there- I've been a lurker on and off since June 2015, when my kitty Glenn Miller was first diagnosed. We've had three bouts of DKA, the most recent being last weekend. He's been on Lantus since the 2nd DKA, which was last year. Before that, he was on Vetsulin. We monitor his BG morning & night, despite the vet telling me there was "no need". We're in the middle of a crisis now (he's here at home), but I'll post about that in the health forum.

Thank you for being such a great resource all these years!!

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi back and I'm glad you are here and posting. Poor Glenn Miller, this is NOT fair that he has had 3 bouts of DKA and is now in this 3rd bout. Please do post in the Main Health forum, tell us all and let us know how to help.

Testing....No need indeed, you know better and so do we, so we won't go into that. We have recently had several kitties in and survive DKA, so there are experienced and knowledgeable people here that have been there.

I see that you have set up the spreadsheet for Glenn, would you also create a signature so we can see his pertinent info when you post? That saves asking and answering the same things.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Reason for edit: Add comments
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.