Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi Member

Gretchen’s numbers have been running upper 300’s to 400’s. Some have said to increase dose, but I’m just not going to yet. I want to work with vet on this for one. For two the Young Again Zero is to arrive tomorrow and although I will be transitioning slowly I’m hoping getting this 43% carb Taste of Wild out of her nibbles will bring it down too.

My question here is: does anyone use the ReLion Premier Blue? It’s the new one. And I am thinking it might not be at all accurate. My Advocate Pet comes today.

Thanks in advance- I need to bike and feed horses and get ready for work so I’ll be back later :confused:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Please check her urine for ketones while she's in these high numbers. Here are some ways to do it using human urine ketone test strips:
    • put the end of the test strip right in his urine stream as he's peeing
    • slip a shallow, long handled spoon under his backside to catch a little pee - you don't need much
    • put a double layer of plastic wrap over his favourite part of the litter box and poke some depressions in it too catch pee.
    Most test strips have to be dipped and allowed to develop for 15 seconds before viewing the colour change in very good light.

3. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

yikes I don’t have any left. I’ll have to grab some from the lab tonight...human ones will work, right?
    I was supposed to get a urine sample for vet and was totally unsuccessful- she pushed the plastic wrap aside. I tried just leaving box close to empty and she peed in the other one. She totally out smarted me on this. I had some insoluble litter and tested her is how I found out she was diabetic before I took her in. I don’t want purchase a whole kit for the litter but maybe I should

4. Kris & Teasel

I have some questions about your SS. I've highlighted a section with a red box:
    1. Can I assume that because the AMPS slots are empty that those tests weren't done?
    2. In the U column you have the numbers "0.02". I don't understand what these are. This column is where you enter the insulin dose so we expect to see numbers like 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0, etc.
    3. On the other side to the left of PMPS I see those pink numbers , two in the +11 slots and one in the +10 slot. Were those in fact done i hour or 2 hours before the PM shot (or said another way, 11 hours or 10 hours after the AM shot)?
    4. What doses were given in the PM of the days where those pink numbers appear?

upload_2018-4-9_12-59-52.png

5. Kris & Teasel

Try one of the other tips in my post before getting special litter, etc.

6. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Oh dear- and here I was so proud of myself. I’ll have to look when I get slow at work. I guess it should be 2 instead of .02. I test usually about an hour before she eats in the am. Then when I get home at about 1145p I test right before she eats. On days I work I can only test twice, but I made chart over weekend when I could test more...
    You can at least see I am confused by ss lol!

7. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

The amps where done 10-11 hours after shot...that’s why they are so far over? I test before I shot. I guess I’m lost :arghh:

8. Kris & Teasel

Not a problem. Ask any/all questions about the SS. Happy to help. Have a read: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/

9. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

10. Kris & Teasel

The SS is pretty user friendly. You enter (reading from left to right) the date, the pre shot test number if you have one, the insulin dose and then any tests through the cycle in the slot corresponding to the number of hours after the dose was given.

11. Kris & Teasel

My lips are sealed ...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.