Hokey Pokey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sandy&Tommy, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy&Tommy

Sandy&Tommy Member

Does anyone else sing the hokey pokey when testing your sweet sugar dude? I really think Tommy likes it when I sing! :lol: We have come a long way since my first newbie questions! I remember how frustrated I was when learning to home test. I read that the ears would train to give up the blood easier in time, and I thought, seriously? Well it did just that. Now I'm working on the other ear. (Tommy would only let me do one ear and not the other. Ha!) I think the singing has more to do with MY attitude about this than Tommy liking my singing :YMSIGH: Sooo, all you newbies, start singing to your sugar dude and put your right paw in, put your right paw out, put your right paw in and "kiss him all about", that's what loves about!! drinking24

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Whatever works for you is good for the cat!

Can't say I ever sang that song when testing or shooting Maui, but it does sound like fun!

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I wish I had thought of that!!! I would have definitely sang it each time we tested!!

4. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

My singing would have made RumpelT's numbers sky-rocket. :lol:

I think civie Tyke might be singing it though. Every time it is pokey-poke time for RumpelT, HE meows and meows and meows and... :roll:

5. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Yes! :lol: "You put the test strip in, you pull the lancet out. You get a drop of blood and please don't shake it all about!" Mikey just looks at me like I'm insane. @-)

Usually, though, I'll just narrate the process to him: "Ready for the lancing pen? Hold still! Okay, got some blood. Just a sec while I get the glucometer. Wait for it...wait for it! Got it! All right, let me apply some pressure and I'll let you go in a second, okay? You're such a good boy!"

6. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

This is awesome.

7. misty1477

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Taintedhalo

Taintedhalo Member

lol oh you guys now have that stuck in my head. I will have to try that next time I get a level on Patches. You guys are awesome!

9. Sandy&Tommy

Sandy&Tommy Member

It was my intent to spread a little laughter and I see it worked!
    Sandy and Tommy
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I've got more verses, too: "You do the hokey-pokey till you get the right amount. That's what it's all about! Treat time. You put the blood drop in. You get the BGs out. You get the treat bag open and you shake it all about. You do the hokey-pokey and you toss treats all around. That's what it's all about!"

Let's just say that singing saved my sanity in the early days. :lol:

13. misty1477

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This should eventually be made a "sticky". Newbies and those that are frustrated with the sugar dance would need a chuckle. :D :lol: :D

14. Sandy&Tommy

Sandy&Tommy Member

How about this verse. You put your gas mask on, you bring the litter box out, you dig all around and shake it all about, that's what is all about! :eek: :lol: :lol: dancing_cat dancing_cat

Sandy &Tommy

15. Mamalou

Mamalou Member

Hey, that's what I must be doing wrong! :lol:

Going to have to learn all the verses so I can start singing! :lol:

16. misty1477

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Arienna

Arienna Member

Theo is horrified whenever I try to sing or dance. One of my hobbies lately has been "twerking" in his general direction until he stomps off in disgust.

I think if I start singing the hokey pokey while doing the pokey, he'll kick me out of the house. :roll:

18. Sandy&Tommy

Sandy&Tommy Member

I actually just sing or talk. I tried to dance with him and he didn't like it. Now one of his civvies loves it when I dance! He is such a mommy's boy.

Ok, I think I figured the ending of the song, and it goes like this: You do the sugar dance with your special sugar dude, that's what it's all about! Let's see if there are a few more verses out there! :mrgreen:

19. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Shot time! You put the syringe in, you draw the insulin out. You flick the syringe a bit and get all the bubbles out. You do the hokey pokey and you give the cat a shot. That's what it's all about!

20. IloveLarry

IloveLarry Well-Known Member

very nice and clever wow
    i jst sing larry angellllll, my larry lies over the ocean, and....i forget the others. new ones come to me. always hv made up songs for the kids (fur).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.