Holy mess! 2 questions

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

started a new vial of Prozinc last night. My gut told me to reduce a bit and “check” the effects of new vial, but her numbers were so bad last few days I didn’t ... total dumb ass move as you can see from last nights numbers. She went scary low... again seemed fine and ate no problem to bring her back up. my last bottle was at the end- Probably only 10 doses left but her numbers started to seem as she was not responding so I opened new vial -2 questions. Does Prozinc lose effect after time? Do you guys recommend lowering on first few shots of new vials? Obviously I lowered this AM shot. Shes good today at +3 225 and I will watch her as last night she went from 204 at +3 to Hell in a hand basket quick.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow good thing you tested!!

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It can, usually around the 4+ month mark. Sometimes a vial will be good a bit longer.

You can either reduce by a tiny fraction (maybe 0.25 u?) or else change vial on a day when you can do extra testing to monitor its effect.

I see you dropped the dose to 2 u today. Wise move. Test at +2 or +3 to see how she's doing.

4. Lisa and little

Sheesh.... was at the 3 month mark on that bottle of Prozinc. . I noticed her numbers were not as “good” the last 2 days. She was 225 at + 3 today. Again thank you all as I would have freaked out if that happened and didn’t have the knowledge all of you have given me. Xoxox

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yes, those nighttime cycles can be tricky since they aren't usually monitored as closely - we do need to sleep afterall! It could be the new vial, it could be the slight increase you just did (some cats respond on the first cycle, some on the second, some even later), or it could just be one of those things.

6. Lisa and little

+ 5 at 154. I’m inclined to think it was the new vial as she doesn’t usually respond that quick and her numbers were high overall the 2 days prior. Again thanks for all of your insight.