Home testing.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alysha & D'Argo, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alysha & D'Argo

Alysha & D'Argo New Member

Hi. I'm about 6 weeks into my cat D'Argo's diabetes diagnosis and I just purchased a OneTouch glucose meter but I have no clue what levels I'm looking for. Please help.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Alysha, welcome to you and D'Argo. I am so glad you have decided to home test and that you are here.

Please set up a signature and a spreadsheet so that we can see D'Argo's information, and the insulin and the testing results that you will be getting.
    I realize this is new territory for you, and I would like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Main Health forum HERE. This forum is only the welcome mat and when you post for testing help in the Main forum, more members can chime in with suggestions of what worked for them, and offer support as you learn.

I will dig into my files for some information that will help you and D'Argo get used to the testing process, and will provide some additional links for testing, as well as information about what numbers you are aiming for. Just FYI, it's important to not just focus on numbers, your kitty is so much more than that. And the testing is only one of the three basic components of effective diabetes treatment. We want him feeling as good as possible and will do our best to help you help him.

Sylvavasour likes this.
  3. Alysha & D'Argo

Alysha & D'Argo New Member

Thank you for the advice and the instructions much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.