'homemade' freeze dried treats?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barb & Mr. Frog, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

Has anyone tried this? It would be alot more affordable for me to give all my cats (I have alot, too many probably, but I'm not intending to change that) the better quality freeze dried treats if this really works, I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions or insights in this regard. The link I found the information at is http://preparedforthat.com/how-to-freeze-dry-food-at-home/ It seems to me that it would be a much better option than store bought treats if it is feasible.

If I do try this, should I be looking for particular types or cuts of meat? I noticed most of the freeze dried chicken treats I've seen have been white meat, for instance. Also, would there be any particular 'nono' meats?

2. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Cant help here but I buy the big dog bags of purebites. They are cheap in Walmart and they are exactly the same only bigger bags and cheaper. The bits of chicken are a bit big so I break them up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.