? How much does BCP PZI usually go for?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Butterball, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterball

Butterball Member

I contacted BCP via e-mail asking about the price of their PZI but their reply was to have my vet call them to get a price quote and then call him to get or have him give us a prescription and I e-mail it to them for a quote

Is the price variable or something? I've read some places that it's around $40 + shipping. Is this accurate? Can any BCP PZI users chime in?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I don't know of anyone that uses PZI. I think most of around here are using Prozinc. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone will chime in - I just didn't want you to think we're ignoring your question! :)

3. Butterball

Butterball Member

Ya I figured it would be the least popular of this group of insulin but the prices I've read is way more in my price range than prescription Prozinc is

Djamila likes this.
  4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

How long has your cat been diabetic? Have you already started insulin? If you can share a little background information, we might have some ways to save you money in other areas to help with cost. Feline diabetes is expensive, so we've all learned some tricks along the way to help. :)

5. Butterball

Butterball Member

He was diagnosed last Thursday and started 3 units of Novolin this Monday. By now I can pretty much tell when his insulin drops off just by observing his behavior, so I’m interested in something longer lasting and less ping-pongy, because I’m also tired of being scared he’ll go too low because I might not have fed him enough before shooting or something

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since we've had anyone on PZI, but last I heard it was about $45 a bottle. However, that could vary based on where you get it from and honestly, it could have gone up since I last heard. PZI should last longer than Novolin...that's a harsher insulin that usually does wear off faster than 12 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.