? How much to dose with lower preshot?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Misterbeesmom, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

what a day, i had a meltdown this morning, and he went from 398 to at least 135 today. Couldnt dose him with pmps at 178.

I'll check him at +13. He was hungry and it had been a while so i did feed him. I'm sure bg will be up but by how much dunno. (I read the sticky after and whoops see i should not have fed)

If his preshot is in 200's, i wont want to give him a full dose. Not sure what do here. This situation is a first for us on this insulin. How much should i decrease the usual dose?

Thanks everyone for responding to my meltdown. I only now have started reading responses. I just could not deal with anything this morning. And look what happened after all that! So weird.

Update pmps +13 is 316. Guess i'll dose the usual

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

If he is rising, I guess try 3 units, but not unless you can monitor overnight. If not, I'd be more cautious - maybe 2.5? Yes, it's important not to feed while you are stalling. You want to shoot a true number, not one influenced by food. But because 178 isn't a long way from 200, reducing a little seems okay.

Misterbeesmom likes this.
  3. Misterbeesmom

What a day. I cant seem to do anything right. He went up quickly into 300s so I dosed him the usual 3.4 and wont be getting much sleep.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It's okay, Jen. Just keep muttering "data gathering, data gathering"

Misterbeesmom likes this.
  5. Misterbeesmom

Thanks! Really sorry i'm such a mess.

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

You are not a mess, Jen. This sugar dance is scary and difficult to understand, at first. The more data, the more time you spend trying to figure a dose out, the more confident you feel. You'll get better at seeing patterns. But for now, we'll be glad to help.

Kris & Teasel and Misterbeesmom like this.
  7. Misterbeesmom

Thank you!

8. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Jen, I feel your pain! My little Hermione is making me (us!) crazy, but I just have to remind myself to pull up my patience pants and keep on. It's SO hard when we want our kitties to be better and they're not following the program.

You're doing great, and this is the most supportive, helpful community!

:bighug:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You're doing great Jen! This is a scary thing but you'll get more comfortable with it. We all have been where you are and know how you feel. The important thing is that you are trying and seeking out help and learning.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Ditto for me! You're doing great by keeping on and asking for help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.