How to coax kitty to eat/drink when sick?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jules, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jules

Jules New Member

When Your kitty wont eat or drink because of URI and stuffed up nose. What have you guys done to successfully coax kitty to change her mind???
    I’ve tried so far.
    Drink
    Tuna water
    Her wet diabetic food mixed with room temperature water
    Plain water

Foods
    Tuna fish
    Dry kibble - 1 tsp ✅
    Temptations hairball treats Maybe 12 treats total over the span of 16 hours Vet approved ✅

So the Temptations treats have worked the best so far I’ve even tried dipping the treats in the things I have mentioned up above to no avail. I’ve read that meat flavored baby food will sometimes work so I will send my husband to get that and try it tonight. If anybody has any other suggestions I would be most grateful.

Also if anybody is around those giant storms please be safe.

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i put wet food into side of cheek for one of my cats that lost his sense of smell last year and after 1-3 times of doing so, he gets its food and eats on his own.

is it your diabetic kitty?? if not, for us temptation dairy treats work wonders last month when my tortoise girl was on antibiotics, quit eating and fought me when i tried syringe feeding her. the temptation treats said it can be fed as a meal so i just gave her 1/4cp per meal 3 times a day and she ate it up..

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Lillie

Lillie Member

I've used plain yogurt with no added sugar and parmesan cheese sprinkles. My cat loves yogurt.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.