How to get my cat to eat more wet food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clarissa, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarissa

Clarissa Member

Hello, my 12 yr old cat Presto has recently transitioned to wet food and at some days before Presto is supposed to receive his insulin shot, he doesn't eat all of his food. Maybe like half or even a quarter of it. This is the first time he's eating wet food and I'm not sure if he's used to the texture yet, so I have to mix some dry food with it so he could a little more. I try to feed him two 5.5 oz cans of friskies pate a day but he only ends up finishing maybe just one can throughout the day.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If he's eating something that's fine. He doesn't have to eat the whole can in a sitting. As long as he eats a few bites is fine too leave out and let him graze.

Clarissa likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You can mix in a little water, maybe even microwave it to warm it up. You might try crushing a little of his dry food and sprinkling it over the top (crushing it lets you use less of it and spreads it out over the food more).

Clarissa likes this.
  4. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

If he likes zero carb freeze-dried meat treats, give his a few after testing/before feeding and/or crumble and mix a few into his food, maybe pushing one into the top so it's sticking out and he digs it out and then works on the rest. Kind of like appetizers.

Feed different flavors at different times of the day.

Clarissa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.