? How to increase at 10U

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoannaDV1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. JoannaDV1

JoannaDV1 Member

I am at 10U twice daily for Stasiu and his sugars are still 100s-high 200s. How does dosing work now that we are at such a high dose? Still 0.5U increases?
    Thank you!

2. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna,
    Your spread sheet ends on Christmas eve, are you not updating it? 10 units is super high and 100-200's aren't crazy high, they're at least coming down. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you out soon :D
    Darcy

JoannaDV1 likes this.
  3. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna,

I'm sure the experienced folk, who will likely be on here shortly, will have some good advice for you and Stasiu. I think they will likely encourage you to post Stasiu's numbers daily (start a new thread daily) which will enable the experienced people to get to know Stasiu better and better able to guide you. Posting daily was encouraged to me as Freckles is currently at a higher dose as well.

Just wondering if Stasiu has had his teeth checked recently?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Joanna --

Here's the link to your last post.

Can you please update your spreadsheet?

The quick answer to your question is that you split the dose into 2 syringes.

Have you been able to get Stasiu tested for a high dose condition? We recommended doing this in your last post

5. JoannaDV1

JoannaDV1 Member

Spreadsheet is updated.

He will be tested January 27th for high dose diseases. It can only be done on a Monday, hence the delay in getting it done.

6. JoannaDV1

JoannaDV1 Member

I was posting daily before the new year and just updated it now.

He had his teeth checked in September when he was diagnosed.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great news on getting the tests scheduled! And thanks for updating Stasiu's SS.

JoannaDV1 likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you get to 10 units, increases are 1 unit at a time, maybe 0.5 if you are seeing a spot of green. Think of the increase as a percent of the entire dose. 0.5 units at 5, 1.0 units at 10.

Nice to see Stasiu getting rid og the pinks, that’s progress. Don’t forget to get a test before each and every shot. Even our high dose kitties like to occasionally surprise us and give a preshot too low to shoot,

JoannaDV1 likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't open your ss. I hope the tests on Monday provide some answers.