Hyperthyroid (radioiodine treatment in Connecticut)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by davect, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davect

davect Member

Hi all,
    I'm considering the radioiodine treatment for my civvie Amos's hyperthyroid condition. I was actually going to do this last year until my financial situation changed unexpectedly. Anyway...

Has anyone used Thyrocat in Brookfield, CT or Radiocat in Middlefield, CT? Are there any other places in Connecticut that do this? Amos is 14 years old and in good health (although his renal function has been declining, but he's asymptomatic). Is his age a concern? I figure he's probably got a few years left in him so I may want to consider getting rid of the thyroid tumor altogether rather than treat the symptoms indefinitely. His brother's diabetes is quite enough medical practice for me thank you very much! :)

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I used RadioCat in Middletown this past January. Age isn't the concern for your kitty but renal function is, your cat may not be eligible.

A couple of mine were declined for treatment due to their kidneys, but my boy Gett was able to have it. They don't do the scan there, but Gett's T4 was low to begin with, although HyperT for quite some time his T4 was below 6, so he got the smallest dose of radio iodine they could possibly give.

The clinic was undergoing some construction at the time, making it much larger, by this time I'm sure the construction is done.

They were nice enough, every day they called and told me Gett was fine, but I doubt they would tell me otherwise :roll: I would have preferred a place with a webcam that I could look in on Gett. But my little man did fine, happy and healthy when we got home, like nothing ever happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.