Hypo??? BG 83 92 43

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marie&HerCats RUSTY, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie&HerCats RUSTY

Marie&HerCats RUSTY Member

Ok, so Todays readings: 350 AMPS 220 +3 92 +8 43 +11
    I immediately administered some honey on the roof of his mouth. 15 minutes later: 270
    Is this what hypo is? Couldbit be my meter? I have had Error come up almost every time I test and have to test second time with new strip.
    Does honey really increase BG that quickly?
    Must Add: same dose for over a week +. 5.5U Pretty much same food (low or no carb) and 100% protien treats. Did feed him Basic Instinct for first time today

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... 15 minutes after honey, you'd expect to start seeing a boost, but not that much of a boost. Between that and the errors, I'm guessing that at least some of those numbers might have been the meter behaving badly. Have you always had to test twice, or is this a new thing? If it's new, did it start after you opened a new container of strips? Have you tried swapping the battery for a new one?

That's a pretty high dose of vetsulin, so you definitely want to make sure that you can reliably track the BG values to keep him safe. If you keep having these (probably) meter problems and can't track it down/fix it, it might be worth picking up a different meter to try for a while.

I'd also try to get another test 20-30mins after the last one, just in case the "off" value was the 270 and he's actually still low.

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

D'oh! I just noticed the time stamp on your message-- looks like this is all a couple hours in the past at this point, so no test in 30mins!

Anyway, everything else in the post still applies. Hard to say about the accuracy of specific numbers, but I do suspect that at least some of them are off for some reason. Hope it's not to hard to figure out/fix.

4. Marie&HerCats RUSTY

Thanks Nan. Rusty seems fine, no signs of hypo. I do believe it must bee the meter. Ive dropped it a few times Going to get new one ASAP

5. Marie&HerCats RUSTY

I couldnt get a reading from +30 min reading. It just kept saying err 1 so it must be meter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.