Hypo numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Heather and Gizmo, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather and Gizmo

Heather and Gizmo Member

Hi Everyone! Gizmo is giving me some hypo numbers. First reading was 51, the second reading just a couple minutes later was 65. He was acting fine and was just playing with me and it was time to do the +2 reading. The only sign he has shown is hunger, so I gave him a can of his FF classic pate and he almost finished this in one sitting which in not normal for him. Should I go ahead and give him some of his high carb food to get his numbers up or should I wait a few minutes to see if the classic pate brings him back up to safer numbers. This is his first hypo readings.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Your spreadsheet is showing a pre-shot tonight of 161. Where are you in the cycle? Can you post those numbers on the spreadsheet so we have some context about the cycle. Was the 51/65 a +1 reading on the night cycle?
    In any event, check him again 30 minutes from when you fed him. In future I wouldn't load him up with LC food in case he decides to extend out the low period because you want him to be hungry enough to eat if he needs to. If he is below 68, you can give him a tsp or 2 of higher carb food and retest.

3. Heather and Gizmo

Heather and Gizmo Member

He is at the +2. I just updated the spreadsheet. I only found the low numbers because I was doing a +2 reading. He was fine and playing with me and I stopped to take the reading. I was surprised by the number so I did a second reading.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Ok. There are more responses over on ProZinc so I suggest we take this situation over there and close this one.

5. Heather and Gizmo

Heather and Gizmo Member

I just did a +3 reading and it is 128. How often should I do the BG readings tonight?

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Would you mind taking down the red 911, Heather?

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.