I hope this will inspire owners of newly diagnosed kitties!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Simon & Sam, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon & Sam

Simon & Sam Member

People may remember that four years ago Sam and I , at Mary's (Mary, Jazz, Bushey) invitation, visited a lady with a newly diagnosed kitty. Tiger was eight years old and his owner Gladys, was eighty-two ... I have to say eighty-two years young! Gladys was determined that she was going to treat Tiger and come to terms with hometesting. To complete a test, Gladys had to get Tiger onto a kitchen stool as she could not bend to the floor.

We haven't seen Gladys for some time and I had heard that she had been very ill. I was reluctant to call but Sam and I often wondered how she was. Our question was answered yesterday when our telephone ran. It was Gladys! She is now eighty-six years young and Tiger is still doing well, four years after diagnosis. He has two shots every day and Gladys is still hometesting. Sadly, she had to help her other kitty Stripey to the Rainbow Bridge last year as he experienced renal failure and no more could be done to help him. Gladys is well although she cannot drive any more. She needs hip replacement surgery but the doctors have said that her heart is weak and she is not well enough to undergo the surgery.

It was great to hear from Gladys and we will be visiting her soon.

Could this be our most senior home tester?

Love

2. toadflaxbex

toadflaxbex Member

Thats lovely and good she was so determined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.