I let Amy go yesterday.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tim & Chris, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

My girl is gone. When I went in to check on her Friday after work her eyes looked so sad. She wasn't eating or drinking on her own anymore. I had to give her the appetite stimulant and the Sub Q Fluids. She hated it. It wasn't improving the quailty of her life...just extending a life that had questionable quality. I was with her talking to her and petting her
    when she passed. It was quick and seemed peaceful. No body tremors or anything like that. I knew when she was gone because the her eyes got big and weren't sad anymore. They gave me a pawprint with her name on it. I'm going to put it in a shadow box with her picture. I've been walking around all morning lost, I just want my girl back. I told her yesterday I would plant a butterfly garden for her. Then she could run and play and chase the butterflies. The house seems so
    empty w/o her. Even the parts that she didn't go in. Tim doesn't know what to do. I was crying this morning and he came up and put his nose in my face to see if I was OK. I took her blanket out of her room yesterday morning before we left. I wanted her to sleep in the bed I made in her carrier so I didn't have to struggle with her the last day. I'm glad I
    took it out because I can only stand at the door and look in. Now at least I have her blanket with me.

It's not as bad when I'm not home so I think I'll find something to do today outside of the house. When I walked into the house yesterday w/o her it was like a smack in the face...she wasn't coming home to me. I miss my girl so much.

Thank you for all your help & support.

Chris

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

oh gosh Chris, I am so sorry

((((((Chris)))))))

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Ahhhh Chris, I'm so sorry. You did right by her though. Amy is free and has that fabulous spirit back.
    So many tears,
    Jeanne

4. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm sorry to hear this Chris; we were all pulling for her.

5. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I'm so very sorry to hear this. (((((hugs))))) I'm just so glad she found a loving home after her ordeal. (((((hugs)))))

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Chris))))) My tears flow with yours. I am so very sorry. Fly free with those butterflies, dearest Amy. wings_cat

7. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Chris)) I'm so sorry to see this post and know that your sweet Amy is physically gone from you now. Tim's trying so hard to comfort you - that's what mine do when I'm upset or not feeling well.

My heart goes out to you in your sadness - it's so difficult to say goodbye and they leave such a hole in our hearts and lives. But you gave her the gift only you could give - that of freedom - and I'm sure she's chasing those butterflies, whole and young again, just as you promised she would be.

Sending many comforting prayers your way and hoping that remembering the wonderful things you shared will bring a smile to your lips and heart even through your grief.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

8. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

9. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

((((Chris)))) I am so sorry that it was time for Amy to move on to the bridge. You were the bestest momma bean she could have ever dreamed of and she knows how much you love her.

10. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Chris)) Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I know how much you loved her and how much you are hurting. Please take your time to grieve. Fly free sweet Amy!

11. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((( Chris ))))))))))))))))))

She was very very lucky to have you rescue her from all the difficulties she had in her life. Amy got to know love -- your love. That she takes with her and will have forever and ever.... and she leaves you hers.

The butterfly garden sounds lovely. I built a memorial garden for my civie Oscar -- 5 yrs later it is still a work in progress, but I find it very healing.

I'm glad Tim is there taking good care of you. so sorry you are hurting.

Peace dear Amy. rb_icon

with care,

12. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my....... I am so sorry.

What a wonderful life she had with you.

13. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((CHRIS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wrapping you in cyber hugs. I am so very sorry. Amy is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. Tears here for you.. rb_icon
    wings_cat

14. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Chris,

I am so very, very sorry that you had to let Amy go, but you did the right and best thing for her. You did it because you loved her so much. That is the hardest part of the love we share with our little ones. But, it is the last and kindest love we can give to our sweet and innocent furbabies.

She is free of all pain now. I know how you feel after losing her, and that you don't want to be in the house much, but please give as much love as you can to poor Tim. He is hurting a lot too, I am sure.

Please post on the Grief section if you need to or want to. One of us is usually floating around on that forum each day to read and listen to how others are hurting as we have been hurting or are still hurting.

Take care. God bless you and Tim. Amy is now forever safe and waiting for when you will see each other again one day.

((((HUGS)))),
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

15. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry, I know what a heartache this is. Just remember, its temporary, someday you'll be together again on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge - and from that day on nothing will ever separate you again. In the mean time of course you'll grieve, and feel like there's a huge kitty-sized hole in your heart but as time passes you'll remember the good things more and the last bad bits less and you'll find some peace. We hurt because we loved, its a tribute to the beauty of the companion (human or animal) that we have temporarily lost.

16. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Prayers and hugs to you Chris. It seems that Amy was telling you that it was time to go.
    Godspeed Amy.
    Dana

17. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Chris. Amy was so well loved and her life with you was blessed. May God bring you comfort and peace now.

18. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Chris))) I am so very sorry. May your memories of Amy bring you some comfort in the future.

19. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Im so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to make that decision, but you gave amy everything you could, and she knew it was time. It was the biggest act of love you could give her.

20. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Oh Chris...such sad news to read. My heart goes out to you....they are always such a presence in our lives and we miss them so deeply when they are gone. My deepest sympathy to you....my heart feels for Tim too......

[​IMG]

21. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Chris, I'm so sorry. You have given Amy the ultimate gift of unconditional love by taking her suffering onto yourself. We are grieving with you and Tim, and sending you love and peace.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, and Dorje

22. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Even when you know it's the right thing, even when you act out of pure love, it's still the most painful decision we make. But she left with your voice in her ears, and your hand on her fur. She was not afraid and she was surrounded by love ...

I am so very sorry.

23. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Chris))))))) That is so sad. You did the right thing to help her be at peace when you saw she was ready to be free. Fly free sweet Amy.... wings_cat

24. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

I'm so sorry, (((Chris)))! I haven't been on much and missed this. Amy was a very blessed kitty indeed to have found her way into your home and your heart.

Run free, little Amy! You will be missed.

25. Mary and Jolly

Mary and Jolly Member

(((Chris)))

I'm so very sorry for your pain. This was a brave and unselfish thing you did. It was your last loving gift to Amy. She is at the rainbow bridge and no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Fly Free Amy!

26. Simon & Sam

Simon & Sam Member

We are so sorry for your loss and we share in the pain that you are feeling Chris.

The butterfly garden will be a beautiful tribute to Amy.

Love

27. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Amy comfort you...

'til you meet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.