I need help using my Relion Confirm

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Myrnafaye, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrnafaye

Myrnafaye New Member

Well first, I cannot locate a capillary in Obi's ear. Is there anyplace else where I can poke him? Second, I hate that lancet loader. I cannot use it gracefully. Any suggestions to make this easier will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

2. KJC80

KJC80 Member

I found it easier to use the lancet in my hand rather than with the pen. You can always try the paw pads if the ears are giving you problems.

3. Myrnafaye

Myrnafaye New Member

Yes, I agree the lancet alone looks way easier for me. how do you do the paw pads?

I had to test a cat many years ago but he had nice visible capillaries on both ears..plainly visible...Obi does not

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I used to use paws till I got better with ears, hubby still does use paws

5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Are you making sure the ear is warm & massaging it? This will make it easier to see & poke. I used a small sock filled with rice & warmed only a few seconds in the microwave. Not too hot. Hold it on the ear to warm. A very small amount of Vaseline on the outer tip will also help the blood bead up. I had trouble in the beginning but the capillaries will grow & I don’t need to do all this now. Hope this helps some!

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

You might try using the lancet by itself . I use a
    Relion Confirm also and pitched the lancet loader in the trash :rolleyes: Found free handing it much easier :)

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  7. Myrnafaye

Myrnafaye New Member

Thank you so much for the video! I think that will be a better place for me to start..

8. Myrnafaye

Myrnafaye New Member

Yes, I am massaging the ear but not with the sock/rice method, that is good to know. He does not have visible capillararies on the tip on the ear; are you saying to apply vaseline there anyway?

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

a very thin film of Vaseline just makes the blood "bead up" easier instead of wicking into the fur....think "oil and water"

10. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

There is a great picture of the ear area to test in the Health Links/FAQs forum, top sticky Index....Go down the index list to home testing and select. That picture really helped me!

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Yay Chris! I can't do that on my puny Kindle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.