I raised several generations of cats on a near zero carb diet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by anarky321, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarky321

anarky321 New Member

I find it very depressing that we have caused a diabetes and kidney failure epidemic through our own stupidity and thinking that we are smart enough to determine diet recommendations for other animals when we are clearly not.

All my cats were raised on half and half and meat products with carbs not exceeding 5% and fat content about 80%. None of my cats ever suffered a single health issue and had great energy levels.

I decided to put this here because diabetes is not only preventable but also reversible. If you want a top food recommendation for a cat its Half and Half - cats not only love it but also don't have lactose intolerance from it because its so low in carbs. This was my cats' top favorite food/drink from birth to adulthood.

Also, unsurprisingly, an 80% fat diet does not cause ANY weight gain in cats. In fact, if you were to switch your obese cat to a 80+% fat diet I can guarantee that it would rapidly lose weight.

2. Tadd68

Tadd68 Member

half and half don't give them the runs???

Also, is an 80% fat diet hard on the cat's heart ?

3. anarky321

anarky321 New Member

None of my cats ever had a single issue with half and half....they absolutely loved it and it was an absolutely seamless transition from mother's milk....why would a high fat diet be hard on their heart?

4. Tadd68

Tadd68 Member

I just was assuming high fat would be cholesterol and that causes heart problems .. i may be thinking wrong

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I would have thought so too

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Half and half would not be a complete diet for cats.

krazy4kritters and Bellasmom like this.
  7. anarky321

anarky321 New Member

This is a surprise to some people but the cholesterol theory of heart disease has been completely discredited, in fact the original research by Ancel Keys on which it is based has been proven to be fraudulent. The government was forced to drop their cholesterol recommendations to save what little credibility they had left in the nutritional field.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-dietary-cholesterol/?utm_term=.257c497099b8

I never said that that it should be the ENTIRE diet, for my cats it was at least 50% of their total caloric intake, obviously they also got a large variety of meat and fish; but it WAS their favorite food, also if you want to make the argument that it CAN'T be go ahead and look up the nutritional list of half and half you will be surprised by how long and complete it is - 14 vitamins and 11 minerals as well as all essential fatty acids and essential amino acids

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/48/2

8. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

For what I know it is true that cats are not affected as people with high colesterol levels but it isn't good either it can give them other problems skin problems, stomach problems and I think even pancreatitis, but I agree a low carb food is the way to go with diabetic and non diabetic cats

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

No, you didn’t, you said half and half and meat products. You didn’t go into any details other than touting the half and half, and I didn’t want someone else reading this thread and thinking that feeding only half and half or even using it as a significant percentage of their diet was ok. I’m glad it’s worked for you.

10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I do not even know what half and half is.

There is also no context so it all sounds like an advertisement .

How old did these cats live to? What breed if any? Indoor/Outdoor .

My own cat is approaching 20 & has only recently encountered health issues, yet he has never ate whatever half and half is.

Bellasmom and Sharon14 like this.
  11. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

I believe it's half milk and half cream. My first thought was internet troll, honestly.

It's nice to hear that it has worked for you, @anarky321, but I don't see any scientific evidence to back up the claims you're making. If anything, I've read the opposite about dairy and cats.

Bellasmom, Sharon14 and Sean & Rufus like this.
  12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Oh. One doesn't give milk or cream to cats. Period.

I call foul play.

Edit ........... fool that I am. The username is phonetic spelling for anarchy.

I'm out. :rolleyes:

13. anarky321

anarky321 New Member

the post was 100% serious

all the cats are still in perfect health

and half and half barely has any carbs in it which is why you can raise cats on it unlike milk

im not sure who told you you can't give cats cream because its perfectly OK for them unless its whipping cream with additives or sugar

i had altogether probably 15+ kittens that weaned off milk directly onto half and half with NO diarrhea or any other issue (and they LOVED IT)....cats have been drinking cream for probably as long as cats and cows lived together with humans (thousands of years) this is in no way a "new" idea

there is absolutely nothing 'radical' about my diet, i just cut out all the high-carb foods, which makes perfect sense for a pure carnivore animal

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Milk is made for baby humans & animals.It's not natural for us or animals to consume milk or dairy products after being weaned from mothers milk! They may like the way it tastes but it's not a good choice to feed your Obligate carnivore
    It's all about advertising to sell the product.Brainwashing us to believe we need milk & dairy.

15. anarky321

anarky321 New Member

you can close this thread down because I'm done with it, this is exactly why I haven't done this earlier

i made a thread about not feeding cats carbs and you've turned it into some conspiracy theory about dairy products

absolutely imbecile

good day

Tadd68 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.