? I stuffed up :( Fur shot :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AJay, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJay

AJay Member

Can anyone help please. I KNOW I stuffed up.

After an horrendous few days with Ches, I've given a fur shot. I feel sick! :(

Ches was so much better this morn. Bright, temp down, looking so good...

If I monitor thru the day, could someone help me with a modified schedule please?

He's been in such high numbers lately, today coulda been the start of getting them down again...

I feel sick :banghead:

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

It's OK. .....Breathe.......

Everyone gives a fur shot once in a while. Be kind to yourself. :bighug:

First off, don't be tempted to give more insulin. Just ride this out.... (((Hugs)))

Will take a look at your SS. Back later...

3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

@AJay , a couple of questions...
    I see your kitty had DKA. Are you currently testing his pee for ketones?
    And what exactly are you feeding him at the moment?

4. AJay

AJay Member

Yes to testing for keytones. Because if stomach / digestive issues we are currently on novel protein trial which seems to be working - Bison, t spoon of bozita, probiotics.

Yesterday he had a temperature so had to go to vet. Antib's given, subq's etc

Main worry today will be insulin shot :(

5. AJay

AJay Member

29.7 :( :(

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It happens... We've all done it. You could shoot an hour early tonight if you want. In the long run its a minor hiccup.

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like Chester got little if any insulin this morning so given his history of ketones, you could shoot now and monitor. To get back on schedule if you shoot now, you can (numbers permitting) shoot again at MN (8 hour cycle) and 8am tomorrow morning (another 8 hour cycle). Then you can back up by an hour to get back to your normal 7/7 schedule.

Kris & Teasel and AJay like this.
  8. AJay

AJay Member

Done - and he was warned NOT to wriggle! So yup, now that he is feeling better, I am having to learn to shoot a moving target :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  9. AJay

AJay Member

25.2 +4 :oops: Going to rename him Tigger :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Small consolation he is due again at 12 midnight. Still eating very well and not flooding the trays. Small steps I guess

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. AJay

AJay Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    Any ideas what I should shoot at tomoz morn 8am?

Will prob test in +3..

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think if you stick to 1.5 to 2u tomorrow morning you should be fine. We don't want to set off more bouncing but also want to get the numbers down. The current bounce could break so caution and a bit lower dose is probably the best way to go for now until you get him back to 12 hour cycles.

12. AJay

AJay Member

25.9 :(

Keep him on an 8 he schedule with modified dose or???

Poor love :(

13. AJay

AJay Member

33.9 +5 :(

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think you should ride this out. I think he's bouncing from that major drop yesterday at the +8 shot and that could mean he did get a bit of insulin earlier when you thought you did a furshot. And too much insulin can look just like too little so I'd recommend getting back to the 12 cycles and just riding this out until 7pm tonight your time. You can do tonight's shot an hour early and give him the regular 2.75u dose the vet prescribed.:)

15. AJay

AJay Member

Ah, just seen your pm and now this one. Ok... I feel so bad for him though. My poor little soldier - just wish he could catch a break :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.