I swear if it isn't 1 cat it is another one!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MommaOfMuse, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

This time it is Duvessa and Elektra.

When we got them they both had URI and were on antibotics. Well those are done, but both girls have really stuffy noses, with lots of sneezing that is producing nasty green mucus. It has been forever since I have tiny ones in the house, and even longer since I had one with URIs. So while they are playing, purring, drinking and eating fine, I'm not sure if I should haul them back to the Vet's for another round of antibotics or if this is just the URIs clearing. They don't pant when playing and they play hard, it doesn't seem to effect their sense of smell, they can smell a sandwich before it is made, and are eating like small horses. I don't hear anything in their lungs when we cuddle, and they do seem to be able to clear their nasal passages when they sneeze. It is less than when we got them and the crusty eyes have completely cleared up.

Any thoughts? Give it time or haul them back to the Vet's?

Mel & Muse (GA)

2. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I always was told that if the mucus was green, it meant that there was an infection. So, I would think that another round of antibiotics would be in order.

~M

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

okay back to the vet's we go. I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure if the same thing in humans ie green mucus = infection held true for cats. Apparently it does, so I guess my cats have decided I need to pay for my vet a nice vacation this year..lol. I keep trying to tell them that while the doctors are very nice and like kitties alot, we really don't need someone going into to see them every week..sheesh.

Mel & Muse (GA)

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Also, if you have not already done so, start giving them l-lysine. That helps with URI's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.