I think I scared my vet...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy

Kathy Member

and it is all your fault :D
    You guys have helped me so much in such a short time.

My vet called me tonight (@9:17PM) as I had sent him via email Bert's SS.
    He was saying Bert was high this AM and I told him that was my fault(stupid ohmygod_smile ) and I had only given him 1/2 a unit cause I was scared. :?

I then went on to say he did really well today and his PMPS was great compared to the morning and that in all reality that is when he should of been high.
    I am not sure he has ever had anyone with THIS much info in his office. LOL

He asked if I could send him my "fancy" spread sheet every day so he could keep tabs on Bert :lol:
    He did not even mention to me that I am not following what he prescribed for Bert which was 1 unit per day :-|

I pointed out to him that he said 1 unit per day but I know he would of have never ordered that as as Lantus is meant to be a 12 hour dose.
    He agreed ohmygod_smile

So I hope that as Bert and I take this journey together we may be able to help our vet and then in hand he will help others that follow us.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

BOS KATHY!!! :lol: Good for u!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT

3. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Yup, working WITH your vet is the best way to handle FD. I still love what my vet said when I took her a bunch of stuff from here. I mentioned that some vets would be upset with their clients bringing them information, especially from the web. She said "I don't know everything and I'm always willing to learn." You've got to love a vet like that! And it sounds like your vet is one of the keepers who is willing to learn.

4. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

The fact that your vet wants to see your ss daily is really neat! Many times vets get excited when they find that their clients are reading, learning and taking such care in treating their kitties. I know mine is coming around, slowly, but surely. I'm the first one of her patients whom she's allowed to shoot adaquan, at home, subq. I had to work on her about that and she also knew that bringing Calliope in all the time for injections was not optimal since Calliope doesn't do well at the vet's office. It just gets her all upset.

You're doing a grand job, here!

5. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Kathy-

Great job!!! I've very impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.