Idea...

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by OptOut, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

We have a new IAA cat (Jan/Buddy) and a new Acro cat (Leslie/Bayle) over in Lantus...hopefully, that means that jojo will be giving them advice. I thought that I would try to keep up with the advice that is given and post over here so that it is readily available in the future (along with the original links). That might make it easier to consolidate and write up some of the advice (like R and more IAA info) in the future.

We might want to do something similar w/ other newbies, especially if they are NOT using Lantus/Lev.

Is this okay w/ everybody?

PS - Anybody else with experience should add to these threads, especially if they take the time to give someone a really good explanation.

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I know that for me, trying to follow all the gulpers on LL can be difficult, so if there's even a link here to their daily posts that would be great.

cat_pet_icon

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Thanks Heather - I appreciate your copying the posts here. Great information and in LL, it will disappear / get lost TOO QUICK!
    ;-)

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

As an interloper on this group, may I ask a really silly question.

I've heard of acro cat and think I get what that means, and am reading the post on here about it, but what does IAA mean? Never mind, found the answers to that too......wow I'm learning new stuff today.

Would someone mind giving a quickie lesson. Thanks ;-)

5. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Hi Hillary,
    So glad to see you visiting. There's some great articles/info/reading in the acro sticky on this part of the board. If you read thru some of that - it will give you some insight into the acro AND the IAA and there is some info on Cushings in there too! :)

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Patti,

I am finding the information and the answers to the questions. Since I haven't had this issue to deal with, I did stay away from here, but now that Maui's doing well and I have some time and can look at other areas, I figured, why not stop by and learn something about this part of the world.

I remember when I started and someone posted that they were giving 30 units or some such crazy number of Lantus, I thought it was a typo. Then I heard about acro and put it aside as I was still struggling to learn the basics.

So out of curiosity, what is the highest dose amount an acro kitty's been on? Who wins that prize?

And I can only imagine what you all think when you read the other ISG's and we're debating about shooting .5 or changing the dose to 1.5 or something like that. :?

7. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

The highest I've seen around here is Girlcat... she takes a LOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.