I'm at my wits end.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Eclipcys, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipcys

Eclipcys New Member

Mugs has been waking me up every half hour to get fed a night, constantly crying for more food & underfoot.. I feed him 1 can of FF pate in the morning(8am) and 2 at night(5:30pm). I have been on the verge of tears all day due to exhaustion. His glucoses levels are perfect, I believe he's in remission. But he's constantly wanting more. On my lunch break I picked up dry food-bad I know (merrick's game bird recipe) to have during the night as I can't deal with it anymore 7 I'm hoping it will let me have a nights rest. What do I do? I've been reading stories on Reddit of people putting their diabetic loves down because of this exact situation 7 I'm starting to understand why..

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Could you use an auto-feeder to feed wet food during the night? Or freeze some wet food to leave out to thaw overnight?

Has Mugs been tested for hyperthyroidism?

3. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Zero-carb freeze-dried meat treats
    By adding these, my cat stopped crying from hunger all the time. I also leave the food out until the next meal so he can graze.

4. Eclipcys

Eclipcys New Member

Where do you get those? I'm in Canada. He also eats everything immediately. He never leaves anything to graze.

5. Eclipcys

Eclipcys New Member

He's been tested everything came back fine. I've tried the auto feeder he eats rverythung right away and then starts crying almost immediately.

6. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

What about a snack just before you go to sleep?

7. Eclipcys

Eclipcys New Member

I also have done this, I would give him 3 chicken hearts before I went to sleep. Still does the same thing. It feels like I've tried everything at this point.

8. Lillie

Lillie Member

Just a thought but have the vets checked his blood pressure? If high it can make them antsy and restless.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How much does he weigh? How many calories a day are you feeding him?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  10. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

What do you mean by his glucose levels are perfect? You don’t have a spreadsheet so I’m curious what your interpretation of perfect numbers are. If he’s truly staying between 50-120 without insulin then you might consider having him checked for hyperthyroid.
    There were times I’d feed Spot up to 6 cans of FF a day before he’d be happy due to unregulated diabetes. And he was still losing weight. Dry food is a bad idea if you want him to stay in remission....

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How does he do that? Is he able to break it open somehow?

Most of the people who use auto-feeders use the PetSafe 5.....it rotates on the schedule you program into it and doesn't let them get to the "next" meal until you want them to have it (unless you have one that can break into it)

You can use canned food in them too, not dry like the picture shows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.