I'mmmmm Baaaaccckkkk.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shelly and Spaceman, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Not sure if there are any old timers here but I used to be Shelly and Cosmo. I lost Cosmo last March after successfully treating him for 4 years. He was 18 when he passed.
    So, Feeburt has been looking a little ill lately and I am taking him to the vet this after noon. after Cosmo passed he gained a ton of weight...and then dropped it but won't stop dropping it. Out of curiosity, I decided to get out my supply box and give Feeburt a test. Well...over 400.

So...looks like I am back. Wish I could say I was happy to see you all. I am but I'm sad for the reason

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly, I remember you. Glad to see you again but yeah, not so much for the reason you're here.

Here's hoping he's just got an infection or something like that going on.

3. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh No Shelly!!! Glad/sad to see you back!! What a bummer..but I know Feeburt is in capable hands.. do you still have the sock monkey pic? That was yours right?

4. Shelly and Spaceman

Thank you1 I'm seriously about to curl up in a corner and cry. At least I know how to do everything already. it's like riding a bike...and i don't really like riding bikes.

5. Shelly and Spaceman

I do have the sock monkey pic. I will have to repost it when i get back from the vet. Probably with new insulin. I can't believe it. They get absolutely the BEST food. Wellness canned and Instinct freeze dried raw(no grain).
    I'm actually rather pissed.

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Aw Shelly, Good to hear from you but wish it wasn't because of Feeburt....I have always loved that named. Maybe there is anothe reason for that high number but at least Feeburt is in good hands if it is diabetes.

7. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

While i'm sorry to see that you're back, it's great to see that Feeburt is in fabulous hands!!

How did it go at the vet appointment?

8. Shelly and Spaceman

I will get blood panel back Monday morning. Until then I guess it's just business as usual around here. He cooperated nicely and while they clipped his nails he decided to give them a urin sample as well. He's a very helpful cat. Anyway. I guess not giving Cosmo's supplies to the closet must have jinxed me. They did say that there were some things they didn't want to rule out yet. Like hyperthyroidism. But really...sitting in the bathtub all day, weight loss, dandruff, and (the zinger) a high glucose...it all seems very familiar. But I haven't really thought the litter box was over flooding. But with 4 cats...who can really tell. It always needs to be scooped.

9. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly. Happy/sorry to see you back. Hopefully, this can be a short run on insulin for Freeburt. Sounds like you caught it early and are doing all the right things in looking for other conditions.

10. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly,

bummer that Feeburt isn't doing well. I'm sure it will be like riding a bike....
    hope the blood panel comes back w/o any complications.

( btw -- has he had a dental lately? maybe it's just a bad tooth)

look forward to seeing the sock monkey again !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.