In Ohio, My Kitty Boo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by emmabirch, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I see the link to your spreadsheet only, not a separate line with the name of the insulin.

2. emmabirch

emmabirch Member

sorry I don't know about that "separate line".

He is taking Lantus right now. 1.5 units. However he is hungry all the time and wanting to eat.

Emma

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'm on my PC now and can view your spreadsheet. My phone doesn't always cooperate.

You've been on the same dose for over a week, with possible nadirs over 150 mg/dL. You may increase the dose 0.25 units, which you'll need to eyeball as syringes don't mark quarter units.

Also, the nadir can vary anytime between +5 to +7; you might find his lowest level is earlier than +7 sometimes. Most folks mix it up a bit within that time frame.

4. emmabirch

emmabirch Member

but I have him eating every 4 hours..8 am, 12 noon and then around 5 and again at bedtime..9 to 10ish..

He eats 1/2 can in the morning (tried dividing can into 4 feedings but he was wolfing them down too fast and was wanting more) so I do the 1/2, 1/4 and 1/4 and then 1/2..and he is still hungry and wanting to eat anything that drops on the floor..I took the advice and switched the other indoor cat to canned wet also so Boo can't eat his food.

I will increase it starting tomorrow.

Emma

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You can add a tablespoon of water to the food to give it a bit more volume and help him feel fuller.

6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

You can still test Boo, even if you are feeding him every 4 hours. It's only the pre-shot tests, the one you do before you give insulin, that we like to see no food for 2 hours before. All other tests during the cycle, we expect to see some food influence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.