In panic mode with Oreo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kellie and Oreo (GA), May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Kellie and Oreo (GA) Member

Thought I never would be back in this area with Oreo. He has been in remission for 2 years and 3 months.
    I got up at 4:40 to do his random testing just to make sure still on track.
    Well his BG was 192. What is up with that. Last months test was 110. Did it go up high because we both
    were battling each other to warm up ear and test? He was getting upset and so was I.
    I then did another test at 7:40 and it is 99. Did it go down cause he ate?
    I am also wondering I went back to FF and remember others saying they noticed their cat's BG going up
    with these new batches. Maybe I should find some other food again if it is raising.
    So why did this happen? I have notice this week he seemed not very perky and that was why I was going to test.
    He is 16 now.
    Thanks for input. Don't want to get to shot mode again. Even checked his PZI bottle in frig, of course it
    expired 2/2010
    Kellie

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

hmm really no clue but could be a little infection starting somewhere, teeth, Uti, Uri. or got into something he should not have or pancrease flair. just some thoughts that popped into my head immediately

3. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

So I guess just watch and monitor then. Take Bg again maybe tomorrow am. I know when I first came
    here in Feb. 2008, that people and one was Ken, not to shoot until over 200. So thank goodness not
    over yet. So are others still having problems with new FF formula. Going to Petsmart with list
    in hand to get something else for these little furries today.
    Kellie

4. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

being OTJ, yes, I would not shoot til over 200 but if consistently higher, I might give a small dose just to help pancreas from working too hard.

5. Kellie and Oreo (GA)

Thank You Dian :)

Thank you so much
    Kellie

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Kellie )))

Hope he gets back on track with different food. How are his teeth/gums?

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

If he doesn't seem himself maybe a visit to the vet for some blood work and check up. Infections and other issues can cause a rise in BG's.

8. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

If you notice higher than normal BGs for a while, maybe get a fructosamine test. Could be an infection, or the struggle with the test. And remember what we tell newbies - Don't Panic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.