? Increase tomorrow ?? He seems to be stuck there !

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 02/13
    Condo 02/11 more info

After increasing from 2.75 to 3u too soon on 02/11, I went back to 2.75. I am now on the 8 continuous cycle at 2.75 after a fur shot. He seems to be stuck in Pink and a bit of Yellow; no bouncing! No Blues except for one after the 2nd cycle; it seems more of a flat curve now! I'll be testing tonight, but I don't expect it to change.

How about increasing tomorrow at 3 units, or should I wait ? Thanks for helping!

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Lyane, it looks like he could use an increase to 3 u. When new to numbers under 200 it is recommended to hold the dose for 8-10 cycles. You are right there now. I would increase the first cycle you can monitor.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Bobbie. Good luck with the increase.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Good, I'll increase to 3 u tomorrow morning, I'll be there to monitor!

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

BTW, I'm going to the ophtalmologist Tuesday to see if Ti-Mousse's best friend, Pépé, needs to have his eye removed !!

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope everything will go well with Pépé's visit to the ophthalmologist. Sending good vines for the appointment.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks I appreciate, I'm kind of worried a bit !!

8. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Good luck with Pépé!! Keep us updated :)

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Nice of you!

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Good Luck with the ophthalmologist! I know all too well how very upsetting this is. Remind me, is it suspected that it is cancer like Bubba had?

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ophtalmo saw him in June and results were 50% chance of melanose and 50% melanome; before removing his eye, he suggested to monitor very closely during 6 months for any changes. I sent him photos of Pépé's eye every month and Tuesday is another complete exam and test to see evolution.... !

12. Bobbie And Bubba

I thought I remembered it could be an iris melanoma. The changes they look for is the spots to start looking raised or velvety. Sending you lots of good luck vines. Should the eye need to come out, the better odds you give Pepe for it staying confined to the eyeball and not spreading . :bighug:

13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I don't want to take any chances, if he says it has to be removed, it will! Thank you so much for the good luck vines! :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

It really is amazing how fast they come through the surgery. Bubba was outside hunting 10 days later and brought a mouse to my door. I had posted the photo here and for some reason, I didn't save it to my camera roll. It was priceless. I joked that perhaps it took him twice as long to find the mouse. :rolleyes:

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

That's very encouraging! :bighug: Pépé is a GREAT jumper (far and high) and he loves to go on top of my kitchen cupboards for little naps. I wonder if he will still be able to jump alright with one eye only !!

16. Bobbie And Bubba

He probably will be able to after the healing is done and he has adjusted to only seeing about 60% of what he did previously. When the surgeon said the % to me, I was like, "hmmm, he lost one eye so I would think that he is seeing only 50% of what he use to." The surgeon explained that the one eye compensates 10% more for the missing eye. Pretty cool, huh!

17. Bobbie And Bubba

18. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Very interesting !! With all that info, I'm ready :)

19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)