Increase?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Djamila, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions that I'm wondering if some of you can help with: Could someone clarify if dose increases are every three shots, or every three days? I'm seeing both answers as I look through some of the threads.

Also, this morning's shot didn't appear to do much, but I wasn't able to test during what I'm guessing is his nadir (not enough data to be sure yet). But this evening there has been a little dip. Not enough, but at least he hit blue. Given that, should I hold this dose a bit longer, or increase to the next step since it's a high blue, and not really that much of a drop?

(it may be a high blue, but I still did a happy dance in the middle of the kitchen!)

And since it's late, I hope you all sleep well tonight with calm cycles and cuddly cats :bighug:

2. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

If it was my cat, I would hold it another cycle and try to get a +4, +6 and +8 or +5 and +7...

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It does depend on the cat. Some people increase every 3 cycles, some every 6 (which would be 3 days). Mostly, we suggest holding it to every 6 cycles unless the cat is in very high numbers...then we might suggest otherwise. We also suggest increasing on a cycle you can monitor, so some might increase a bit earlier than 6 cycles or a bit later so they can do that.

That blue last night was lovely!

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Thanks, Steph and Rachel!
    So much for my thoughts of increase: he showed a low 200 this morning, and I'm at work all day. I actually reduced just a little. It was somewhere between 1 and 1.25 This whole going-to-work thing really messes things up, doesn't it? It's hard to know right now how he's going to react, and I'm so scared he'll drop too low while I'm gone.

StephG likes this.
  5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes if the kitty is running in high reds and blacks, we suggest trying to be more aggressive - sometimes quicker changes, sometimes higher changes. The blue was nice and his not bouncing was nice.

Your dose today looks fine. If it is not enough, you 'll have that data and know next time, but I think it should be fine. It is always better to raise the dose when you will be around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.