Injectable Vitamin B...questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Venita, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

This is for Ruthie, a DCIN foster cat. I want to have Marty ask the vet for a script to make these shots cheaper.

When a vet gives a vitamin B shot to perk a cat up, what is it--a B complex or Vitamin B12?

What is the strength?

Any other tips for how the script is written?

Where does one buy this online?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thanks Jennifer. I saw that page earlier today, but I was uncertain about it. How long does it take to get it?

I assume that insulin syringes can be used?

4. tuckers mom

It took about 3 days. I've ordered from there twice so far, I use the insulin syringes, Tucker gets about 10U each week.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

You're a gem, Jennifer. Thanks.

6. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

can you not get it from the vet? our vet ordered a bottle for us just a few weeks ago, 100 ml, 1000 mcg/mL vit b-12. i think i paid $10 or $12 for it.

7. tuckers mom

My vet wont sell it to us or give me a script, she wants Tucker in once per week at $28 per shot. I can't afford to do that all the time, so I had to go online.

8. Sara and Buttercup

Sara and Buttercup Member

when my cat's cobalamin (B120 was low she got b12 injections at home in the form of pure b12 called cyanocobalamin. it's ruby red in color. it's not the b12 complex.

9. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm..... I /my vet have always used the multi B complex for a perk . also can be used for other health issues: i just got some to spike wolfies sub Q's to help w/ his anemia and CRF issues

B12 i have used for GI issues. ( and there are a lot of them on this board -- i include p-titis in this catagory)
    there is not enough b12 in the complex formulation for gi purposes. I use both.

I posted on this thread about B12 and p-titis -- there are links included in post for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7357&hilit=+B12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.